Thoughts on my X-Metal TB

Stinker said:
hey wifey post of pic of yours installed on your truck showing it is your truck:p
or if it isnt installed a pic of it beside your tag plate:D

then....................................I may or may not tell:p

Hey Stink, Got the TB:rock: :rock: , quit playng games redneck , you got something to say about TB's, do it or STFU.
As of late all we here from you is Barbie Blather, so put up or are you to busy kiss'in ass????????????????

Wifey said:
Hey Stink, Got the TB:rock: :rock: , quit playng games redneck , you got something to say about TB's, do it or STFU.
As of late all we here from you is Barbie Blather, so put up or are you to busy kiss'in ass????????????????

thats what I thought you would say:p

now I know how ya really feel:rock:

lbstone said:
I wont the 2007 Americas Strongest Man Competiton, he didn't show! Check out my video's if ya doubt me!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjgvgdz4Yu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtNP_8Bz3EI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEggOiPPjc
any questions?? Didn't think so!!
Next time, PM me and don't ruin a thread, thanks!

I thought about my initial response again. Was sorta inclined to apologize but decided if I had it to do again I'd so the same. My initial response was because I take someone tagging themself as "America's Strongest Man" very serious. Obvious and understandably you do too. Next time I see such, if I don't know it's you I'm sure I'll question it. My opinion is until there's a 2008 winner only you should be able to lay claim to the title. Anyone else should be exposed as an imposter.

I'll send you a PM in the next day or two. Would like to ensure no bad blood, and let you know the perspective is from experience.

Best to you. Train smart and have a long career.

oldguy

oldguysrt10 said:
I thought about my initial response again. Was sorta inclined to apologize but decided if I had it to do again I'd so the same. My initial response was because I take someone tagging themself as "America's Strongest Man" very serious. Obvious and understandably you do too. Next time I see such, if I don't know it's you I'm sure I'll question it. My opinion is until there's a 2008 winner only you should be able to lay claim to the title. Anyone else should be exposed as an imposter.

I'll send you a PM in the next day or two. Would like to ensure no bad blood, and let you know the perspective is from experience.

Best to you. Train smart and have a long career.

oldguy

Oldguy,

I understand how mistakes can be made and I am not going to attack you here. This thread is about Derek's issues with a TB. Instead of all the reformations, just PM him like you stated and lets all go back to enjoying this site for what it is....

Signed,
Not so strong guy
But working on it.... Even though I look like a child next to Derek...lol

Hey Derek, I may need some training hints next time we have a GTG. And dont say I need to drink those puree chicken shakes... :puke:

My apologies to folks on the forum and this thread for my hijacking.

oldguy

oldguysrt10 said:
My apologies to folks on the forum and this thread for my hijacking.

oldguy

Your third apology is accepted.....Thank you...Folks let's move on...:)

don't let this one die.....somebody with real dyno facts post up

milkmanedi said:

Stinker said:
thats what I thought you would say:p

now I know how ya really feel:rock:

No you don't:D , I am just tired of the two sided politics. Just post up your info and quit instigating bad feelings between the members of this forum paleeeeeze :rock: :rock: :rock:

Anyone Else that has valid info please post it also:) :) :) Let us all get to the truth ( not innuendo or BS) I think there is a lot more to this debate than meets the eye IMHO :( So post up boys.

As you know I love Stock Stuff and may never install the TB I purchased:dontknow: However let's get to the bottom of this and be done with it.:rock: :rock: :rock: :D :D :p :elefant: :elefant:

Wifey ( Ooops poted under the wrong name)

Last edited:
milkmanedi said:

I installed a set of colder NKG plugs and a TB...lost 8-10rwhp and 5-10ftlbs.

I have about 50-60 dyno runs on my truck and have done my own tuning on every mod. I'm not saying I lost hp due to the TB but would bet I didnt gain anything. The throttle response is better and it looks nice...I dont plan to remove it.

So with the roe or x metal TB. You get better throttle response, and drivability. But, you lose about 10 to 12 hp.. Is this the case with a FI setup?
Now if I buy a mod and lose hp, then how much is the mod really worth?

mmmmtorque said:

I have about 50-60 dyno runs on my truck and have done my own tuning on every mod. I'm not saying I lost hp due to the TB but would bet I didnt gain anything. The throttle response is better and it looks nice...I dont plan to remove it.

thanks I promised to another member I wouldnt say anything about what he found, but the results were the same:(

Stinker said:
thanks I promised to another member I wouldnt say anything about what he found, but the results were the same:(

So Stink,what you are saying is you are the self appointed mouthpiece for the peeps that are to intimidated or to skeeered to post up????????:dontknow: We (as members of this forum ) need First hand info, not secondhand hearsay.;)
My .03 cents

includemeout said:
So Stink,what you are saying is you are the self appointed mouthpiece for the peeps that are to intimidated or to skeeered to post up????????:dontknow: We (as members of this forum ) need First hand info, not secondhand hearsay.;)
My .03 cents

No I am saying I give my word, and that I want go back on..period

Stinker said:
No I am saying I give my word, and that I want go back on..period

That is commendable on your part, however, secondhand is like like saying this thread is worthless without pics.............still hearsay at best:elefant:

mmmmtorque said:

Why change to colder plugs? Changing the TB would not require this as the cylinder pressures would not change that much to require it. The loss of HP could be attibutable to the colder plugs.

Just for future reference. You should never change more than one variable when you are going to conduct a test. If you change two, or more variables you do not know what has happened. One of the changes may have cancelled out the other.

Silverback said:
Why change to colder plugs? Changing the TB would not require this as the cylinder pressures would not change that much to require it. The loss of HP could be attibutable to the colder plugs.

Just for future reference. You should never change more than one variable when you are going to conduct a test. If you change two, or more variables you do not know what has happened. One of the changes may have cancelled out the other.

I think he did it for NOS:D

Well if ya'll can wait long enough, when I get my truck back I'll dyno it with Boomer's TB, swap on a stock TB and dyno it again. Back to back, won't even unstrap it. This will be a forced induction, built motor test. I may even do the same thing right afterwards on a bone stock 03 Viper. Will this settle the debate?? I'm not scared to post the facts and dyno sheets. Getting tired of hearing the debate.

Joe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back