Tie rod flip kit.

SNAKEGUTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some searchin. Saw how to do it. Lookin for a kit. Or may build my own.

Any info? Any buddy have any luck, good or bad experience?:dontknow:

Thanks all!:)

I made my own, they work great, took the bump steer out, and tie rod is level again. Before the tie rod end was at an angle and steering was bad.

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,586
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 1,098
Cowboy-Up said:
I made my own, they work great, took the bump steer out, and tie rod is level again. Before the tie rod end was at an angle and steering was bad.

Looking good man. That is how I'm lookin at doin it. Did you drill the arm out or make bushins?

Which parts did you go with. Looks like good stuff. Maybe NHBB or qa1 end links?

Details would be sweet.

Thanks for the reply!:rock:

bigike said:
I think they broke a lot.... Boomer use to sell them, before he was tarred and feathered.....

I read some post that indicated breaking could happen.

I cant imagine that happenin with high end aftermarket rod ends.

I'm sure there is a good amount of force on the rod end during operation, but not enough to break a NHBB or QA1 rod end.:dontknow:

One things for sure, that would suck to break a rod end during a hard corner.

Ok all.

Talked with Razors Edge out of Florida today.

They make bump steer kits for the Charger and Challanger, nice stuff.

They are looking into building a kit for our trucks.

Have no details as of now but hope to have info sometime soon.

If they make the kit I am gona give it a shot.

We keep all informed.

SNAKEGUTS said:
Did some searchin. Saw how to do it. Lookin for a kit. Or may build my own.

Any info? Any buddy have any luck, good or bad experience?:dontknow:

Thanks all!:)

I see a solution to this. Not an easy fix, but it could work.The original track rod ends fit int a tapered hole in the spindle. What is the spindle made of? Aluminium or cast iron? The spindles would need to be removed, the tapered hole machined out to then take an insert with the taper the other way up. The inset welded in position, and the original track rod could then be fitted upside down.

What you all think

mickster said:
I see a solution to this. Not an easy fix, but it could work.The original track rod ends fit int a tapered hole in the spindle. What is the spindle made of? Aluminium or cast iron? The spindles would need to be removed, the tapered hole machined out to then take an insert with the taper the other way up. The inset welded in position, and the original track rod could then be fitted upside down.

What you all think

I have the parts to do what you are talkin about.

Only problem is it seems the factory rod once fliped may hit the lower control arm if the wheels are turned hard and the suspention is rebounding.

Not sure yet but am still workin on this.

I think "alexpop" did this mod and said he had a problem with the tie rod hittin the control arm.

It seems that lots have had good luck just lowerin the truck and leaving the tie rod in the factory location.

At this point I am going to try it with the tie rod in the factory location an do my best to control bump steer with the alignment.

However, if I see a way to make the flip work I will post pics!:D

SNAKEGUTS said:
I have the parts to do what you are talkin about.

Only problem is it seems the factory rod once fliped may hit the lower control arm if the wheels are turned hard and the suspention is rebounding.

Not sure yet but am still workin on this.

I think "alexpop" did this mod and said he had a problem with the tie rod hittin the control arm.

It seems that lots have had good luck just lowerin the truck and leaving the tie rod in the factory location.

At this point I am going to try it with the tie rod in the factory location an do my best to control bump steer with the alignment.

However, if I see a way to make the flip work I will post pics!:D

We gotta find a solution guys. mine jumps about two feet.
Let me know Thanks :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ok all.

Talked with Razors Edge out of Florida today.

They make bump steer kits for the Charger and Challanger, nice stuff.

They are looking into building a kit for our trucks.

Have no details as of now but hope to have info sometime soon.

If they make the kit I am gona give it a shot.

We keep all informed.

just e-mailed them to see if they did it:dontknow:

i e mailed them also with this tread and others, and with pics of cowboy up's solution that he claims worked.

i e mailed them also with this tread and others, and with pics of cowboy up's solution that he claims worked.

sweet:rock::rock::rock:

i would think it would not be that tough for them to get a kit up for our beasts. looks like the hard part is all ready done.

common procedure seems to be is just to just to ream out the oppsite side & either just to bolt it up or use a wedge in the old hole & go from there. but with someone sayin there might clearence probs usein the stock tie rod end:dontknow:

there is a company out there that makes booties for rod ends, would be great to extend the life of the rod end for us DD guys:rock::rock::rock:

The razor edge guy never called me back on this. Looks like he makes nice stuff however.

You may have to bother him a bit to get something together.

I just decided to build a kit like cowboys. However this is still a item that has not been built by any vendors yet as far as I know.

Would be nice to see a kit go together.

The razor edge guy never called me back on this. Looks like he makes nice stuff however.

You may have to bother him a bit to get something together.

I just decided to build a kit like cowboys. However this is still a item that has not been built by any vendors yet as far as I know.

Would be nice to see a kit go together.

he is doin the kits now.

from what was posted. 10 kits & thats it. don't sound right, but:dontknow:

he had made a kit for someone up north, so no startin from scratch.

I was approached by a customer, to be a dealer for the flip kits.
I contacted Paul at Razors Edge today, we are now a dealer for his products.
Soon as the flip kits are ready it will be announced.

Thanks,
Sawyer

I was approached by a customer, to be a dealer for the flip kits.
I contacted Paul at Razors Edge today, we are now a dealer for his products.
Soon as the flip kits are ready it will be announced.

Thanks,
Sawyer

How does that affect those of us that contacted Paul directly?

How does that affect those of us that contacted Paul directly?

it doesn't, we talked on those that ordered direct from him, and to me those are ya'lls orders with him, best left as is, the right thing to do.

the others we will purchase or distribute for him, giving others a chance also, the ones waiting for them to be tested and so forth.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back