Time for a new clutch..

Cudajon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've really got the hots for the "SPEC Clutch SD08PT-2, SPEC Super Twin Clutch Kit P-Trim: Dodge Full Size Truck-Gas 2004 8.3L." , but there are no reviews on the web site, so.. Is anybody running this? What do you think? It's either this or the Centerforce kit. Thanx.

You'll be good with either but I honestly prefer Centercorce and can hook ya up on one for a great pricel:burnout:

My brother had a spec stage iII in his Mustang and absolutely hated it. It was extremely uncomfortable to press down at a light and was terrible in ztop and go traffic. If your making big power go with mcloed twin disc. If not go the centerforce way. Scott can hook you up with both

I have a Centerforce in my Cuda and love it. But the Cuda is 2000lbs lighter than the SRT. I've got 75k on the truck and this is the first clutch. I'm also changing the master and slave cylinder. Since mine is an early 04 I'm thinking the slave is plastic.

Moparviper, the only twin disc on the mcleod site is for the "DODGE Challenger,Viper 2009-2010 V8,V10". I cant find any info on the one I would need. Back in the 70's I used to run mcleods in my hemi cars and they didn't last very long. 8P But while they worked they worked good.

All the trucks have plastic slaves, I have a spec stage 3+ and its a little grabby for everyday driving but tolerable. I would try the twin disc since its double the friction surface, the material doesn't need to be as aggressive as a single disc.

My brother had a spec stage iII in his Mustang and absolutely hated it. It was extremely uncomfortable to press down at a light and was terrible in ztop and go traffic. If your making big power go with mcloed twin disc. If not go the centerforce way. Scott can hook you up with both

Oh yes the stage III clutch and traffic sucks. Lol

The mustang clutch was so heavy because it's cable operated, hydraulic clutches don't get that heavy

Moparviper, the only twin disc on the mcleod site is for the "DODGE Challenger,Viper 2009-2010 V8,V10". I cant find any info on the one I would need. Back in the 70's I used to run mcleods in my hemi cars and they didn't last very long. 8P But while they worked they worked good.

Idk where scott got it. Im sure he'll chime in as he sells them

I think I found the McLeod, but they appear to be Borg and Beck or Long style and not diaphragm. Those usually take more pedal pressure.

I think I found the McLeod, but they appear to be Borg and Beck or Long style and not diaphragm. Those usually take more pedal pressure.

My pedal isent hard to push. Iv only been caught in traffic once and it was still way better then my brothers clutch. To each is own I guess.

If you plan on making more than 600 hp id strongly recommend the mcloed

You are correct. I have the Mcleod twin disc with an aluminum flywheel. To solve the heavy peddle pressure I went with the JTS Venom metal clutch slave and master, solved the problem!:rock:

So te consensus is that the spec 3+ is very grabby and a little heavy? That's what I was thinking of going to next.

I have a spec stage 2+ and its awesome not grabby at all and light clutch pedal. I also have had center force and same goes for it light pedal pressure and not grabby. I switching to a McLeod twin disc because I slipping and burning up the center force with the power I making. I looked into the spec twin disc and found a lot of Ppl complaining and it not lasting. I will say it was not Ppl with our trucks these were In supras, mustangs, camaros. But if didn't work great for them I was not about to spend $1500 to find out for my self. I went with what's proven to be good and hold up
Just my 2 cents

3+ just seems like the best grabbing power for a full disk style single. That should lend itself to taking tons of abuse. I don't know what is in my truck right now, but it engages like an inch from top of pedal travel, and is like 60 pounds to put it down. Also not super grabby. It's harder that my mustang with cable clutch.

Although I will +1 whatever is in there for bad drivers. I've taught 3 people to drive stick on my truck (GASP!), and made a bunch of drag passes and street racing in Mexico.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back