Time for a new Video

Race1Mopar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New exhaust, more boost... I figured it's that time for a new video. Had to take care of a few things last year and didn't get my track time in. Hoping for a good year this year. Shooting for March Truck Shootout at Little River. May not have my track tires by then but should still be fun.
Joe

(The fun starts at just over 1 min in)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e3EFfUlvTw]Little Tire Shredding- 1995 Dodge Ram stroked and supercharged. Vortech Ysi, 10lbs boost - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
VENOMOUS1 RACING, if you watch the video again at the 1min5sec mark I take off a little harder than I thought and if you watch where my steering wheel its going back and forth I'm walking the rear end back and forth up to about 70 or 80. It's definitely fun. Broke a mustangs heart today but I don't feel so bad since I have one, lol.

fastestbrickonearth here's a few pics of her
285334d8.jpg

Truck.jpg

Snapshot-1.jpg

Thanks ontariobee.

ARRESTmeRed04 sounds good. Will be good to meet and see your truck too. Looking at your 11.76 pass your truck is running pretty good! Hope to see you run it.

I need to talk to someone about wheels and tires. My brain floats around so many possibilities but I need to talk to someone running good, with what worked for them. ET Streets, slicks, Weld, Baja's, 28" and accept the extra shift, 30" and ride through the traps on redline... Getting close to getting track shoes, but still have to narrow it down a bit more.

Joe

What rear end gear are you running? I run a 28" slick and have been 116-117mph in the 1/4 in 4th gear, should be the same as your 3rd gear. What MPH are you planning to run?

I have 4.56's but I also have a gear vendors unit so I split each gear, minus first because it goes too fast. I'm leaning towards a 28 tire because I have the gearing to do it, but wasn't sure if the shorter tire would speed me up or slow me down. I know I have to run less unpsrung weight and a stickier tire. I'm not sure of the mph I'll run with the new setup, but anticipate it to be in the one-teens if that makes sense. Again, not worried about running of of gear, just thinking if the shorter tire will make me quicker. On a side note going from a 30.5" tire to a 28" tire would feel like a 4.96 gear with my 4.56 gears, but I still won't run out of gear.

Last edited:
So you'll be running 1st gear in high then 2nd gear low, switch to high then 3rd low and finish the run in 3rd high?

Let's assume I want to trap 117ish. What I've calculated so far is

With a 28" tire and 6100 redline (6200rpm is my cutoff actually)
3rd- trans ratio is 1- max trap is 111
3rd over- trans ratio is .78 and still pulls strong- max trap is 143 (will never see it, lol)

With a 29" tire and 6100 redline
3rd- trans ratio is 1- max trap is 115
3rd over- trans ratio is .78 and still pulls strong- max trap is 148

With a 30" tire and 6100 redline
3rd- trans ratio is 1- max trap is 119
3rd over- trans ratio is .78 and still pulls strong- max trap is 153

So... Tire to trap in 3rd, or accept the shift to 3rd over?

So you'll be running 1st gear in high then 2nd gear low, switch to high then 3rd low and finish the run in 3rd high?

Read your statement again and yes, 1st, then 2nd, 2nd over, then 3rd and if needed 3rd over (I have 8 gears with the gear vendor)

Gearing for them are
1st-(2.45) 11.17, 2nd-(1.45) 6.61, 2nd over-(1.13) 5.15, 3rd-(1) 4.56, 3rd over-(.78) 3.56

Last edited:
Thank you. What light weight wheels would you recommend?

Can you fit a 15" rim on the rear of your truck? I think if you can you would have more options than with the 16". Mine aren't "lightweight" they are just normal 16x10 aluminum rims

I think I can, but need to double check before I buy. I was thinking 10" rear, maybe 7 up front. I don't want to go too skinny up front. Anything will be lighter that the 5 layer chrome 20's I run on the street, lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back