Time for New Tires:)

What brand of tires should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:
Anyone got pics of Nitto 420s on their 10?

For what it's worth, I have the T/As and they're a lot better than stock. Would I want to pay for them again? Not really.

I also have the Conti Cross Contacts and like them alot. Way better dry and especially wet traction and they look good too.

Thought about running 305/45/20 in the rear with some drop shackles and 305/40/20 up front.

I liked the Generl Grabber UHPs but they wore out way too quick. I just put on a set of Falken Ziex so we'll see if they do any better. This is my third set with only 43,000 miles total.

Toyo proxy II they look great but have only had them on for about 1000 miles they grab way better than the scorpions but not sure how they wear.

Well after tons of research I've made my decision. Im going with the CrossContact UHP. I based my decision on several factors. I want to run 305/40/22 up front, then 305/45/22 in the rear with drop shackles. Gonna leave the overload spring in. Z rating was also a factor. I can pick the tires up in Shreveport and get a Texas install for cheap. Im thinking Tires+Instal/Balance wil run me between $688-$725. Same setup at Discount tire would cost me $970+.
I read tons and tons of reviews on multiple sites. Some good some bad. The CrossContact UHP's have a good tread wear rating of 420. So they wont burn up quick. I think there ugly, but I am betting they perform well in rain vs some of the other choices. I drive like I stole it, so the Z rating was important to me. Having the tires available in the 40 and 45 was a factor. I'd like to drop her extreme, but I dont want vibe issues on take off. I will run the 45's in the rear with some drop shackles and be happy with it.
Thanks for everyones votes and input!

Conti'z cross contact...........like dan said best bang for yur buck.........154 a piece on tire rack..........

I have Sunny SN3980's on the back 305/45/22 because they look and ride better than even the General Grabbers!

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=become&details=Ordern&typ=R-149166&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

SN3980.jpg

And they are cheap.

Well I wasn't able to get the 45's in rear like I wanted. There discontinued! So I bought 4 305/40ZR22 CrossContact UHP's. Total was $664.98.
220a618d.jpg

BlackMamba50 said:
Well I wasn't able to get the 45's in rear like I wanted. There discontinued! So I bought 4 305/40ZR22 CrossContact UHP's. Total was $664.98.

I just had a set of these mounted on my truck. They are lightyears better than the stinkin' Pirellis. When I bought my truck it had 6100 miles on it, but it was 3yrs old... so the tires were old. I put 7000 additional miles on the Pirellis. They weren't worn out, but I just got really tired of the ride.

So far the Continentals are excellent. I think you will be pleased.

I like these Falkens so far. They seem to grip well. I bought the set from discounttire.com for $605 with free shipping. Hopefully I'll get over 20,000 miles with these unlike the stock Pirellis and the General Grabbers.
falrh2.xl.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back