Tire options

BLACK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasted $1,700 bucks on the BF GOODRICH KDW2's :thumpdown: tires arent worth a crap any one tried any other brands if so please let me know

Just for kicks PM Redsrt007 and maybe you can do a review of them for us, but what were the problems? Hooking up? is that what you are looking for, if so the Nittos might be your only choice, other than other drag radials, without going smaller in diameter

I reupped on the Pirelli`s @ $169.00 from our sponsor The Tire Rack.I couldn`t find a suitable upgrade at any price.

Last edited:
I thought they would hook up better than the pirelli's but I was wrong...also they suck in wet driving conditions.

Bought 2 of the KDWs to burn up at the track....I gave them away after one day....left a negtive review of them on Tire rack...

I will buy the Yokohamas....next....

BLACK10 said:
I thought they would hook up better than the pirelli's but I was wrong...also they suck in wet driving conditions.

I have been running the BFG's for about 5000 miles with no problems. Not much wet weather here though. Also i do not run at the track. But as far as hooking up, I'v had good luck with them. I'm pretty much stock to so? I do push it pretty hard though.

J.R.

JRSVIPR said:
I have been running the BFG's for about 5000 miles with no problems. Not much wet weather here though. Also i do not run at the track. But as far as hooking up, I'v had good luck with them. I'm pretty much stock to so? I do push it pretty hard though.

J.R.

the problem with them is that the contact patch is more narrow than the OE's

BLACK10 said:
Did you put 500 miles on them yet? I think BF uses more preservatives than the others and you can't simply "burn" it off.:burnout:

Besides that, I did go with the Scorpions from TireRack and found that my new P's grip way tighter than my first set. Not too sure why.:dontknow: Did Pirelli change the compound recently???:confused:

Yep, like v8eater said, you gotta wear off that goop. My BFGs hook a little better than the Pirrelis but they aren't, and never were meant to be, a drag racing tire, they are a road racing tire. Like any road racing tire, they need to be warmed up to perform as designed. And, they are not meant for wet use. I was first impressed with them when they ran them on the trucks at the first SRT Track Experience I went to. Also, IMO, they look much better than the Pirellis do. BTW, where did you buy yours? I got mine for $1,300 from Tire Rack.

How about these????...they make a 22-inch

grabber_uhp_3qpropertyoriginal.jpg

grabber_uhp_chartspropertyoriginal.jpg

Last edited:
the kdw's are a great tire, & they are designed for the wet (k=keyed d=dry w=wet) the 2nd & 4th tread have a different compound, specificly for the wet weather. get a little heat in them & they work great, if you r looking for drag race traction you might want to go with a drag radial:burnout:

brandon93 said:
the kdw's are a great tire, & they are designed for the wet (k=keyed d=dry w=wet) the 2nd & 4th tread have a different compound, specificly for the wet weather. get a little heat in them & they work great, if you r looking for drag race traction you might want to go with a drag radial:burnout:

Maybe I need to clear a few things up ..#1 I know the kdw's are street tires not drag radials but they do not live up to the performance that I was told they would from a rep before I purchased them .. #2 I have about 2,400 miles on them and in MHOA they are not as good of a tire as the pirelli , they look better yes but they just dont grip as good.

I have these on my truck. My truck shook between 75-80 with the original tires. After trying 8 other tires (12 total) from Pirelli, my service guy got fed up and put these guys on they and now there is no vibration whatsoever. Didn't pay a dime for them 'cus Pirelli can't make a round tire, but it appears they are going for $191 a piece on tirerack. Both the dry and wet grip seems to be slightly better than the Prielli's.

ge_grabber_uhp_ci2_l.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP

FSTJACK said:

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a General or Firestone on my vehicle.

LOL...I must have been typing when you posted this up.

Disclaimer.....I would have never choosen these tires if I have to pay for them. :D

But they really aren't that bad.....

Last edited:
dilly03 said:
I have these on my truck. My truck shook between 75-80 with the original tires. After trying 8 other tires (12 total) from Pirelli, my service guy got fed up and put these guys on they and now there is no vibration whatsoever. Didn't pay a dime for them 'cus Pirelli can't make a round tire, but it appears they are going for $191 a piece on tirerack. Both the dry and wet grip seems to be slightly better than the Prielli's.

ge_grabber_uhp_ci2_l.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP

My friend has these on his truck and he really likes them...:dontknow: ....I do like the tread pattern.....his look good on his truck...:)

Walt

man i upgraded to the KDW2's on my old magnum. IMO they hooked great and cornered even better....but then again I was used to the crappy ass conti's that came on it stock. How much narrower are the KDW2's than the scorps?

Rice Eater said:
man i upgraded to the KDW2's on my old magnum. IMO they hooked great and cornered even better....but then again I was used to the crappy ass conti's that came on it stock. How much narrower are the KDW2's than the scorps?

about an inch.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back