Tire options

Silverback said:
You shouldn't hold things in like this Jack.;) It's bad for your health.:p :D

I have to be politically correct since I am Half owner of this forum.
Must lead by example.
Can't even say the .... word.

Other tire options

BLACK10 said:
I wasted $1,700 bucks on the BF GOODRICH KDW2's :thumpdown: tires arent worth a crap any one tried any other brands if so please let me know

I put a pair of Kumho ECSTA STX 305/45/22's on my the rear of my truck almost 1200 miles ago. They are 118V rated and I really like the way they are wearing. I paid $500 for a set mounted, balanced, taxed, and a road hazard warranty. l like them enough that I'm going to move them to the front and put another set of Kumhos on the rear even though I've got 6 spare Pirelli's (see below). The Kumho's seem to ride better to me and I don't really care about carving sticky high speed turns every moment that I'm behind the wheel.

The main reason that I went to a 45 series sidewall was to protect the rims from damage and get a little better ride. I have already cut a pair of tires off of the front rims due to tire compression on an unmarked bridge approach that was under construction. The tires did have 32 pounds of air in them at the time of the incident.

I got 6 like new Pirellis with less than 200 miles on them for free when I went to the SRT track experience in Daytona in May. They were changing out all of the tires to their new sponsor brand on Sunday, May 14, 2006. They asked a few of us SRT-10 guys if we wanted the take-offs. I couldn't refuse since they were being taken off of Quad Cabs that were used for the drag portion of the event. I may use them later, but for now I'm going to try a full set of Kumho's and see how they do.

Mark

It is not just about sustained speeds.It is the heat build up at sustained high speeds.A higher rated speed rating on a tire is going to be inherently safer than a lower rated tire. I get up to 150+ on the half mile tri oval@ Ky Speedway so for me even on the highway at 130 I would want the safest tire possible.

The stock tires are very square shouldered. That is where they get the greater tread width from the same 305 cross section width.

Jax Ram said:
I got 6 like new Pirellis with less than 200 miles on them for free when I went to the SRT track experience in Daytona in May. They were changing out all of the tires to their new sponsor brand on Sunday, May 14, 2006. They asked a few of us SRT-10 guys if we wanted the take-offs. I couldn't refuse since they were being taken off of Quad Cabs that were used for the drag portion of the event. I may use them later, but for now I'm going to try a full set of Kumho's and see how they do.

Mark

Let me know if you want to part with any of the tires. I have a screw in one of mine and I have good meat on the tires so I hate having to buy 2 brand new tires.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back