Tires Update

SRTForLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the forum needs a new tire discussion. I am looking to get some new ones that will let me get some grip, but not be to soft and only last 10,000 miles. What have y'all found?

Last edited:
I think the forum needs a new tire discussion. I am looking to get some new ones that will let me get some grip, but not be to soft and only last 10,000 miles. What have y'all found?

BFG Mud Terrains last well and offer great grip in the loose stuff. Hope that helps :D

My truck came with Bridgestones and they aren't too bad. They would last longer if I stopped doing burnouts and they get decent traction.

LOL funny man. Truck doesn't touch anything but asphalt.

LOL. Nice to see a good sense of humor.

I put Falkens on my truck a few thousand miles ago. Traction is OK (not excellent) and they seem to be wearing alright (again, not excellent). However, I just noticed the other day that the edges on the front at starting to feather, so I'll be having those two swapped out when I get a chance.

I think cost vs wear vs traction I think it's hard to beat the Nitto 420S. I have a set and have zero complaints.

Bfg g-force... I haven't bought them but were in mine when I bought it and no complaints when I need new 1s that's what im getting....I wanna say their 200 a tire but don't bank on it

My truck still has the original tires on it that it came with. The Scorpions have 24k miles on them and they look like new. I havent been too hard on them yet. That will change when I get the nitrous system installed that I just bought. I am the second owner of my 05 RC and I know the guy that bought it new wasnt hard on the tires either. I will probably replace them before long tho, not because of wear but because of age. I wont put Pirelli's back on it. Way too pricey!!! I have always had good luck with Goodrich tires in the past.

Khumo's have done well for me and others thru the years .

I've had the factory tires, toyo's, and now I'm on Yokohamas.

The truck came with the toyos on it and the factory tires in the back, the toyos were absolute crap in the rain and at the track. Once they wore out I swapped the stockers back on which were better in the rain but still crap at the track. I think the Yokohama are the best so far I can drive it in the rain and they hook the best at the track

Nexen rodian hp on mine when i got it...they seem to hook fairly well and dont wear too bad...but they are the only tires i have had....i think i read somewhere that they were made by a major brand..i think there cheap too

Nexen rodian hp on mine when i got it...they seem to hook fairly well and dont wear too bad...but they are the only tires i have had....i think i read somewhere that they were made by a major brand..i think there cheap too

I have those same ones on mine and i like them, good traction all around, dry wet and they are kinda hard to break loose from a dig, 5 psi less...and i got mine from tirebuyer and only paid 300 for both...

I've had the factory tires, toyo's, and now I'm on Yokohamas.

I think the Yokohama are the best so far I can drive it in the rain and they hook the best at the track

I put on some yokohama's i purchased from tirerack for $138 each . discontined i think they spin real easy! I won't get them again! i would go with KDW's if you have any power! Traction is what beat up on mustangs!!

I put on some yokohama's i purchased from tirerack for $138 each . discontined i think they spin real easy! I won't get them again! i would go with KDW's if you have any power! Traction is what beat up on mustangs!!

The yoko prada spec-x?

I had the generals before I my nittos that everyone was recommending ...the generals are way better....but my next time around I'm gonna go with the kdw....

I was looking at those Nitto's. I like the tread pattern. How's the ride?

I have them and they are the best tires I've ever used on a vehicle. Great traction, no noise, good ride, and all around great tire. I would buy them again in a heart beat!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back