tires?

Hilgee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any good suggestions on tires? I want to go with something different. How about size? Has anyone put a wider tire on? Like a 315 or 335 instead of the 305? How does it look?

I have been looking at the Nitto 420s I think...

What driving style do you have and what look are you going for????

Strong Agressive Tread or the Quiet Smooth Look... Hard Driving in the curves, Drag Strip, or Highway ???

Long Tread Life or Soft short life, Expensive or Cheep ???

It all factors into getting a tire you will be happy with

Standars are the Stock, BFG, and the Continental :)

I've got the General Grabber UHP's and like them but I may try the Conti's next time around.
The Generals are V rated and a little cheaper than the Conti's (Z rated) but get better reviews.

Last edited:
I went from the BFGs to the Conti's, I like the Conti's for the money. The BFGs have that aggressive look though.

420's have a low speed rating, nice looking but low rating. I run Continental Cross Contacts and I love them. They are reasonably priced and handle great in the rain....plus they look pretty bitchen.:D

I have the BFGs too and love them...they look great too. Tirerack.com had em for sale, I think 180 each. Worth every penny IMHO.

OnceBitten said:
I really like the Kumho tire for the money. I am on my 2nd set.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm in the market for tires too. I think I'm going with continetal again. I found them on eBay for $660 and they are W rated
for speed. Most others are either H or V and for the money Conti's look to be the best tire on the market!!!

I just went with the Nitto 420s 305 40 22s. I love them. If you want great traction go with these.:rock:

Nitto 420s for traction. I don't really care about looks or how long they last, as long as they hook up when I floor it. Best as far as street tire I think.

Guys c'mon! u want to be CHEAP about the only thing that keeps ur ass on the road!! U are driving a 500 hp truck that new cost somebody prolly 45k & U want cheapass rubber!! I have BFG KDWs & am damn glad I have them & would definitely buy again

I like to do burn outs at the track .so why pay 300 for a tire if your just going to smoke them out at the track anyways.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back