Tires

I have run Pirellis, Bridgestones, Toyos, Continentals and Nittos. The continentals were by far my favorite. Guess what? They are discontinued, like every other great tire.

Before I got this truck, I had an 07 wrx. I ran the OEM equipment tires on them after I replaced my first set. They were Bridgestone Potenzas and were like 235 a tire.
I was content with them, when it came time for the next set I did some research and came across the Continental Extreme Contact DWS at 110 a tire. Gave it a go and it was a world of difference! Didn't matter if there was a foot of snow on the ground, held great traction all the time and did not wear bad at all!

Shame that Continental discontinued the tire for this truck, would be all about it!:dontknow:

From a slow go I start to hear a womp womp womp that seams to go faster as I accelerate and past 35 or so, it goes away.

Does it go away after you drive and warm up the tires? If so add some air pressure. If the tires are out of round you would generally notice it more at a higher speed. Sometimes it can almost feel like you threw a wheel weight.

Does it go away after you drive and warm up the tires? If so add some air pressure. If the tires are out of round you would generally notice it more at a higher speed. Sometimes it can almost feel like you threw a wheel weight.

I have still noticed it after 15 mins of driving. I'm gonna try to tighten the lugs and see if that helps. Air pressure is good.

I have still noticed it after 15 mins of driving. I'm gonna try to tighten the lugs and see if that helps. Air pressure is good.

Swap the fronts to the rear, and vise versa. Does it get better or worse by doing this? Try and locate if it is one tire in particular, you may have a bad belt in a tire.

It is not acceptable for a tire to be out of round. It probably has the tread separating and is ready to come apart. Riding on it and it is like a ticking time bomb.
It amazes me that vehicle owners will spend anything to make it fast, and they dick around with a tire. Same goes for the ones that all of a sudden get short pockets when buying a racing helmet.

Last edited:

Willing to bet it's wheel bearing time. Jack up both front tires and try to move the wheel on hub by pushing into wheel well at top and same at bottom.

Checking the lug nut torque with a torque wrench should be the first thing you do. Checking air pressure would be second. If you still have a problem remove all the wheels. Check the rear mounting surface & hub for corrosion. If you find any clean it off with a wire brush. Then coat everything with anti seize. Steel hubs & aluminum wheels don't play well together. It's called bimetallic corrosion. Lastly any good tire shop should have a tool to check the tire for run out. While the trucks on the lift have them check the front suspension for anything loose.

Last edited:
Checking the lug nut torque with a torque wrench should be the first thing you do. Checking air pressure would be second. If you still have a problem remove all the wheels. Check the rear mounting surface & hub for corrosion. If you find any clean it off with a wire brush. Then coat everything with anti seize. Steel hubs & aluminum wheels don't play well together. It's called bimetallic corrosion. Lastly any good tire shop should have a tool to check the tire for run out. While the trucks on the lift have them check the front suspension for anything loose.

We have a winner! Thank god it was the cheapest solution too, lug nuts. I had just torqued all of them 2 weeks ago and the front drivers side had 3 loose ones. Re-torqued them and took a quick test drive and the womp womp womp is all gone! Thank you kind gents for all your help. You guys make this forum great! :beer:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back