Tonneau Cover

salties

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2005 Dodge Ram srt10 brand new, but it did not come with a tonneau cover. Does anyone know if there is reimbursement available from Dodge for no cover?

TIA

If you didn't received a cover you should have received either a voucher for other Mopar accessory or a discount off your truck. However, if you didn't received that at the time of purchase there is nothing you can do now 8 years later.

What color is your truck?

There is a guy by me selling a 06 black one for 600

Last edited:
I bought a 2005 Dodge Ram srt10 brand new, but it did not come with a tonneau cover. Does anyone know if there is reimbursement available from Dodge for no cover?

TIA

My understanding was that only the 05 quad cabs had covers.
Should have been a cover "Delete" on the window sticker. I think it was for $500.00. I remember bitching that a new one was $2500.00 and they only give $500.00 off.:mad:

My understanding was that only the 05 quad cabs had covers.
Should have been a cover "Delete" on the window sticker. I think it was for $500.00. I remember bitching that a new one was $2500.00 and they only give $500.00 off.:mad:

05 qc and all 06s.

When I was looking over my '05 RC on the dealer lot, it didn't have a cover, just the wing. So I did some research on why it didn't come with one..something about a problem with the supplier. Anybody know exactly why there was a supply problem to begin with and why some got them and othes didn't?..just curious.

When I was looking over my '05 RC on the dealer lot, it didn't have a cover, just the wing. So I did some research on why it didn't come with one..something about a problem with the supplier. Anybody know exactly why there was a supply problem to begin with and why some got them and othes didn't?..just curious.

From what I remember there were quit a few that come up missing,if you know what I mean.

It was a quality issue. They are aluminum not fiberglass, so they were manufactured in a stamping process.
Could not produce enough to support all trucks.

It was a quality issue. They are aluminum not fiberglass, so they were manufactured in a stamping process.
Could not produce enough to support all trucks.

That's interesting. I wonder if Dodge was subbing the aluminum covers out to another company. If so, I bet it is possible to contact them and have them run several more through the presses. Companies don't get rid of molds like that. It's sitting in a overflow storage area collecting dust I'm sure.

EDIT: I smell a group buy :D

That's interesting. I wonder if Dodge was subbing the aluminum covers out to another company. If so, I bet it is possible to contact them and have them run several more through the presses. Companies don't get rid of molds like that. It's sitting in a overflow storage area collecting dust I'm sure.

EDIT: I smell a group buy :D

You know I was thinking the same thing..get enough orders and the cost comes down per order and everybody wins...;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back