Tonneau Cover

tourdemon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an actual install guide available for the factory tonneau cover? If not does anyone have a write up of an install they did?

2 bolts on the top of the bed near the back glass

One bolt each for the struts on the inside of the bed near the tailgate.

That's it. Super easy. Get some help though. It's heavy and you don't want to scratch anything.

Think I've got them in PDF form on a laptop at work if you still need them.
Pretty straightforward - rivnuts for the rear mounting/latch brackets & there should be brackets with nuts on the fronts (these sometimes get lost on used ones)
Let me know if you want me to try & find my copy.
Thanks
Neil

Are the factory covers aluminum? I thought they were fiberglass. I have an 06. Im gonna go check mine right now.

I guess they are. I see a rolled edge, i dont image fiberglass would have that. I like it even more now. I am a fan of aluminum.

Think I've got them in PDF form on a laptop at work if you still need them.
Pretty straightforward - rivnuts for the rear mounting/latch brackets & there should be brackets with nuts on the fronts (these sometimes get lost on used ones)
Let me know if you want me to try & find my copy.
Thanks
Neil

Yes, could you please email them to me at [email protected].

Thanks

That's crazy

I know, but all total 1600, I'll pay that for OEM. Retrax is 1300, the Lazer Lite is 1700, and the Fiberglass one 1200. Searched for months, would of like shipping to cost less but I have no regrets in the end.

I know, but all total 1600, I'll pay that for OEM. Retrax is 1300, the Lazer Lite is 1700, and the Fiberglass one 1200. Searched for months, would of like shipping to cost less but I have no regrets in the end.

I looked at Lazer lite but didn't like the edges and it didn't go out on the bed rail far enough for me

Glad you found what you wanted

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back