TOP Gear Episode #1

ram_vs_cougar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys see the first episode of Top Gear featuring the Dodge Viper. It was pretty awesome, they were racing a Cobra helicopter. The car had a missile detector on it the inform the driver if the cobra missile's was in range, or locked on the target. The Drivers of the viper were given 3 lives to do a 10 mile course. It was like a live video game lol. You should check it on on the History Channel. That viper just has some nasty power to it man. It was smoking those tires like it was on ice.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: It was so awesome, I had to watch it twice.

ram_vs_cougar said:
Did you guys see the first episode of Top Gear featuring the Dodge Viper. It was pretty awesome, they were racing a Cobra helicopter. The car had a missile detector on it the inform the driver if the cobra missile's was in range, or locked on the target. The Drivers of the viper were given 3 lives to do a 10 mile course. It was like a live video game lol. You should check it on on the History Channel. That viper just has some nasty power to it man. It was smoking those tires like it was on ice.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: It was so awesome, I had to watch it twice.
not to mention round their track it killed a murcielago SV, a gallardo superlegerra, and the butoni?? gallardo... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

viperpwred said:
... and the butoni?? gallardo... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
it's Balboni....

named after the Lamborghini test driver Valentino Balboni...

if i were to own a gallardo...it would be that one...6spd, and RWD only...

Surpised they didnt say anything about the new Viper logo or whatever it was that came out a few months ago, when they were talking about the end of the Viper line

ok here are my professional thoughts.

if i had never seen top gear uk, it would be ok, but just ok.

1 the hosts. the voice talent is poor. they act goofy.
2 the videotography. VERY VERY POOR!!!
the camera's were all shaky, the picture was grainy, the color was off, the lenses were crap,
and whoever edited it must have been taking drugs.
3 sound. the sound sucked. the soundtrack was off, meaning it was not matching what i was seeing.
4 the test track. who put it together elmo? top gear uk track was designed by lotus, and is flawless, what are they testing on that track how well a car can take bumps? perhaps how well dust looks flying off the back of a car?
5 writers? who wrote the scripts? if you told me it was unscripted i would believe you, except those guys are too dumb to think up there own lines.
perhaps it was monkeys with computers.

overall a major disappointment. compared to top gear uk.

ram_vs_cougar said:
The car had a missile detector on it the inform the driver if the cobra missile's was in range, or locked on the target.

i am not a navy pilot, but how can they equip a missile lock detector?
may be just a prop?

scoobert said:
i am not a navy pilot, but how can they equip a missile lock detector?
may be just a prop?

Never saw TopGear UK. I agree with the script (the three guys) and track was a bit bumpy. But i liked it heck i like anything with some bad azz horse power cars. Im not sure about the missile lock but im sure it works off of some type of RF transceiver/receiver combo.

viperpwred said:
not to mention round their track it killed a murcielago SV, a gallardo superlegerra, and the butoni?? gallardo... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I liked the intro lol a love child was left behind. The Dodge Viper. :rock: :rock:

ram_vs_cougar said:
Never saw TopGear UK. I agree with the script (the three guys) and track was a bit bumpy. But i liked it heck i like anything with some bad azz horse power cars.

i have good news, you have 15 seasons of greatness coming.
here is one of the most famous videos they have done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4YNkurhLk

they made mention of the the viper coming back in 2012 because of the stability control will be mandatory in 2012

ruttledge could be shot and tanner just needs to learn how to be on camera

The US version is lame. Just like every other "us too" show on TV.........

Blow up yer TV.........

D

The US version sucked. The hosts had no personality, and the viper vs cobra was retarded. What do they say about a copy of a copy of a copy.......

I had my hopes up, but:argh: :thumpdown:

Black1 said:
When it comes to Top Gear..... I actually agree with Scoob. :eek:

they should have hired me, i would have told them it sucked and to do it again before they put it on air.
i see maybe two or three seasons before its canned.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back