Torn Ball Joint Boot - Suggestions...

BigC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticed the Lower Ball Joint Boot has dry rotted thru.
Recommendations on what to do?
Are replacement boots available?
Is the ball joint replaceable? Looks like its riveted in place?
While I’m down there should I put in Stinker’s orange bushings?

you can get aftermarket boots, but they dont fit that well, the balljoints are replaceable, about $60? something in that area, but its really not a problem on the boot, the joints are teflon impregnated, but still may be good to replace, but the bushings really depend on your miles and such, but even on newer trucks they have made a big difference in handling

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
you can get aftermarket boots, but they dont fit that well, the balljoints are replaceable, about $60? something in that area, but its really not a problem on the boot, the joints are teflon impregnated, but still may be good to replace, but the bushings really depend on your miles and such, but even on newer trucks they have made a big difference in handling

Thanks Tony,
Any recomendations -links- to an aftermarket boot.

*PS-I ordered your orange stuff for the front.

orange stuff?????:dontknow: :dontknow:

I replacing the upper and lower ball joints this week with Moog. These are serviceable and have grease fittings to lube up :D. And yes will be doing the bushing as well.

BigC said:
Thanks Tony,
Any recomendations -links- to an aftermarket boot.

*PS-I ordered your orange stuff for the front.
got it bud, let me check on the boots for ya, pretty sure, almost pos energy has those, but never tried them, I think someone did, but said that they didnt fit perfectly

LitemUp said:
I replacing the upper and lower ball joints this week with Moog. These are serviceable and have grease fittings to lube up :D. And yes will be doing the bushing as well.

Do a write up!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back