Torrie tuned the BEAST!

faslane505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torrie tuned the beast earlier today. first pull was 579rwhp and over 700 ft/lbs
second pull i think was 595rwhp and still over 700 ft/lbs
3rd the same
4th same
5 pull he hit 600.4 rwhp and over 700 ft lbs.

i want to thank Torrie for the tune. he was a pleasure to work with and a great guy.

I'd also like to thank Stinker for all the late night phone calls...wheather it was ordering parts or asking advise...or us venting to each about the dumbasses of the world.

thanks again guys

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNrzN5I6Wo&context=C301e81cADOEgsToPDskKgSNrnbq4YTvxswBYYosUH]Srt10 tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yPJ7E7GeA&context=C3e1ee8fADOEgsToPDskLBIWnr93hquCwhogEKwUdb]Srt10 dyno by Torrie 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Awesome numbers :rock:

i was astonished by the numbers...was thinking id hit 550ish rwhp...was shocked when the first pull yielded 579rwhp!!!

:rock::rock::rock:sweet:burnout::burnout::burnout:

where did ya dyno her????

how does she drive????:D

after the dyno...i got her to the shop...yanked the valve covers off and re adjusted the rockers. installed the baffles in the valves covers...(the valve train noise was horrible)...sounded like a solid roller setup!!! sounds much smoother and so much more quiet...

Congrats on the awesome numbers. When is the truck going to hit the strip?

not sure...never been huge on going to the drag strip...i for sure need a set of tires or drag radials...

maybe at PCB? anyone got a set of drag radials i can use?

You have a print out of the dyno run? Id like to see what rpms your peaks are at. How bout a recap of the build, them are awesome numbers:rock:, congrats I know you been waiting a long time

after the dyno...i got her to the shop...yanked the valve covers off and re adjusted the rockers. installed the baffles in the valves covers...(the valve train noise was horrible)...sounded like a solid roller setup!!! sounds much smoother and so much more quiet...

that could be a few extra ponies:rock::rock::rock:

that could be a few extra ponies:rock::rock::rock:

yep...2 were loose on the drivers side...1 was getting a little loose on the passenger side...backed em all off...0 lash then 3/4 of a turn each...with the baffles it sounds so much better!!!!

Details on the build if you don't mind. I try to share all the details of the changes I make on the truck to help forum members. Is the build NA? Was the bottom end redone, what heads ,cam etc.?

Details on the build if you don't mind. I try to share all the details of the changes I make on the truck to help forum members. Is the build NA? Was the bottom end redone, what heads ,cam etc.?

we know you do

Heads-
Fully Ported and polished
Combustion chamber redesigned for more efficient burn..also polished
milled .020 (i think...cant ever remember if it was .010 or .020
Manley valves
H/S rockers
chromoly pushrods

Intake-
runners port matched to heads

Exhaust-
Bassani Ceramic headers
Catless
Magnaflow

Cam- Comp Cam (custom made for these heads)

JMB intake

Stinkers TB

SCT (93 tune only)

Stock bottom end was just freshen'd up...only had 9000 miles on the shortblock...but we went ahead and put all new rings, bearing, cometic head gaskets, etc...basically new.

im sure im forgetting something...

we know you do

Heads-
Fully Ported and polished
Combustion chamber redesigned for more efficient burn..also polished
milled .020 (i think...cant ever remember if it was .010 or .020
Manley valves
H/S rockers
chromoly pushrods

Intake-
runners port matched to heads

Exhaust-
Bassani Ceramic headers
Catless
Magnaflow

Cam- Comp Cam (custom made for these heads)

JMB intake

Stinkers TB

SCT (93 tune only)

Stock bottom end was just freshen'd up...only had 9000 miles on the shortblock...but we went ahead and put all new rings, bearing, cometic head gaskets, etc...basically new.

im sure im forgetting something...

Are you going to spray with this build?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back