Totally Off Topic: Anyone have a Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried one at my daughter's house...wow!

I have a problem with a sore back when sleeping...once I get up it is fine...(lucky me!).

But these things can cost $8k...for a mattress...

Any endorsements? Any complaints?

Last edited:
We've had a Tempur-Pedic for over 2 years now.....

There are good points and bad.... You need to ask yourself a few questions first.... ;)

1. How "warm" does your wife set the climate control in the house? (The mattress is CLOSED CELL memory foam. It will HOLD body heat. And, it will get HOT (sweaty) if the temp in the bedroom is up too high).

2. Have you visited a Chyropractor lately? (Your back problems will NOT get any better with this mattress.... it will just keep the problem from getting worse).

.......... Bottom line is.... You can ROAST on a Tempur-Pedic very easily. If your spouse doesn't mind a COLD bedroom (temp wise :D ;) ) it can be quite comfortable. Otherwise, you'll end up sleeping on the couch half the time (if you don't already, like me :eek: ). If you have back issues, you need to see a physician. There is no mattress that will cure, or help a back problem. Trust me, I've had them all. ........ Otherwise, it's a great bed. I've had wonderful experiences in a Temper-Pedic. :D Both my wife and her sister love it! :D :congrats: :eek: But, the cats do too.... :dontknow: :argh: :p

I guess I would say this.... Take Tempur-Pedic up on their offer of a "test drive". I think it's 180 days, no obligation, take it or leave it. They'll deliver it to you and then take it back, if you don't like it. :dontknow: It's a good deal.....

Last edited:
I've had one for 4 years.

The King size Deluxe Celebrity bed.

We love it, it holds heat but that can be cut down greatly buy using their mattress cover.

When you lie down on it and it accepts you into its loving grasp. It's almost as if all the stress in your back goes through your body and out your stomach and chest.............:)

My 4 yr old loves it soo much that every night around 3 she wakes from here huge Disney Princess pillow top (nicer than any bed I ever had before my TP) and we wake up with her inbetween us:) Also the dogs, they just can't get enough.

What i found harder was having sex on the bed.............. on a normal bed when you give a action you get a equal and opposite reaction............. The TP goes against all physics and there is no reaction............the bed just takes the hit. So you have to work a little harder. Shouldn't be a problem for young whipper snapper such as yourself ;)

Top O the line back then it was either 2800 or 3800$

bigike said:
What i found harder was having sex on the bed.............. on a normal bed when you give a action you get a equal and opposite reaction............. The TP goes against all physics and there is no reaction............the bed just takes the hit. So you have to work a little harder. Shouldn't be a problem for young whipper snapper such as yourself ;)

Meh.... It's good, my friend..... If you can "go with the flow" on a TP, you've got the flow RIGHT. ;) (at least with my wife)..... They like it "low and slow, with a twist" . :D :D :D ;) :p

All good advice here Roy. I love mine, but I will admit that I run on the warm side and find it a little hard to sleep on hot nights. Take a test drive for sure... The one thing you have to get are the pillows... I love them and bought one for the beach house where we only have a standard mattress. Screw feather pillows:D

-jeff

Super input...

My wife is worried about the heat retention...she keeps the temperature in the mid-60's in the bedroom...but any extra heat would be a problem for her.

I may wait until the summer to give it a free trial...

The sex thing was interesting...no rebound huh??? Well it is a little hard for me to imagine that...could you send me a video???;)

I also spend a lot of time on the couch...best sleep I get...

Prof said:
Super input...

My wife is worried about the heat retention...she keeps the temperature in the mid-60's in the bedroom...but any extra heat would be a problem for her.

The sex thing was interesting...no rebound huh??? Well it is a little hard for me to imagine that...could you send me a video???;)

I've been thinking about getting one of those down mattress toppers... thinking maybe that would combat the heat issue (by adding ventilation). :dontknow:

... About the pillows.... They are the same material as the bed, so they get hot too. And, to me, there is nothing worse than a hot pillow. :argh: :eek: I found (well, my Mom found) a fantastic pillow from HSN. It's made by Homedics. It's far and away the best pillow I've ever had. Mom got these for Sarah and I for Christmas, and I haven't had neck problems since. :rock:

http://health-fitness.hsn.com/tony-...wcases by HoMedics 2272268&cawelaid=145349086

Check em out. :)

........ nothing beats the couch tho. :eek: ;)

Prof said:
Super input...

Sir I assure you that you DO NOT want a vid of me or my better half at the moment;) Theres a bit of a weight problem LOL

HEY ALL YOU WITH THE TP CHIMMING IN DO YOU HAVE THE MATTRESS COVER FOR THE TP? I cuts the heat problem down to nothing.

bigike said:
Sir I assure you that you DO NOT want a vid of me or my better half at the moment;) Theres a bit of a weight problem LOL

HEY ALL YOU WITH THE TP CHIMMING IN DO YOU HAVE THE MATTRESS COVER FOR THE TP? I cuts the heat problem down to nothing.

I do have the mattress cover, doesn't help me, but I am a mini heater... Wife is always cold and I am always hot.... I get a lot of cold feet on me:(

Mine too shes 5'1" I'm 6'3" and when she rubs those feet on me they are at my HIPS so it takes some gettin use to:)

I sure do miss those tiny feet right now thou......................................................................................................................... I wanna go home!

jelms said:
I do have the mattress cover, doesn't help me, but I am a mini heater... Wife is always cold and I am always hot.... I get a lot of cold feet on me:(
Sounds like me and Jerry - only I'm the mini heater :rock:

Maybe I should order a tempur pedic and try it free for 6 months. Then I'll get a different one for another 6 months, pretty soon, when I decide which one I like best, I can get a new bed - Mine has a "hole" in it

bigike said:
Mine too shes 5'1" I'm 6'3" and when she rubs those feet on me they are at my HIPS so it takes some gettin use to:)

I sure do miss those tiny feet right now thou......................................................................................................................... I wanna go home!

HIPS???? Or nuts:D

I can understand that... You will be home before you know it...

-jeff

Wifey said:
Sounds like me and Jerry - only I'm the mini heater :rock:

Maybe I should order a tempur pedic and try it free for 6 months. Then I'll get a different one for another 6 months, pretty soon, when I decide which one I like best, I can get a new bed - Mine has a "hole" in it

Now you are the woman with the plan:D

helms

This is the funniest thread I've seen in months...... rof..

The JJ boys (Jay and Jake) almost made me shit myself up when they were describing their nocturnal eccentricities....("with a twist")...rof...

I've aksed my wife a thousand times if she wants a new bed. She keeps saying that all that memoery foam is hotter n the blue blazes of Hell... Yet in the summertime that bedroom of ours is as cold as a fkn ice cave....

No shit, I took my handy laser thermometer from Griot's Garage (Thanks, John) upstairs and shot the laser into the AC vent..... It was a brisk 39 degrees in there... When I blurted out the temp reading she just sat there with that shit eating grin on her face.... as if to say, 'Kewl...!"

Anyway, she's holding out for what she calls an organic cotton bed..... and I can't interest her in ANYTHING else....

Fun shit here guys... Great grins......

Thanks...

D

We never got off topic...and I am learning a lot...and getting a few new ideas too!

Prof said:
Tried one at my daughter's house...wow!

I have a problem with a sore back when sleeping...once I get up it is fine...(lucky me!).

But these things can cost $8k...for a mattress...

Any endorsements? Any complaints?

One of my friends got one of those; he loves it. I will sleep on the floor before I spend more than a few 100 bucks for a mattress. :dontknow:

:) If I had it to do over I might have bought a Select Comfort.

We got denied credit and went with the TP......... Check that one out Roy. Although it doesn't do that thing when you lie on it, on you back............It just feels like a comfortable bed not a sleeping surface made from clouds and angels wings.......

I will look at the Select Comfort too.

Pillbox...if you spend nearly a third of your life in bed...seems that an investment in that environment is a prudent approach. You young limber-backs will gain perspective with time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back