Tow limit??

Cbailey8971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 rc can't find tow rating info.
What can you tow as far as weight? What it's everyone towed ?

Tow rating is 0!!! You aren't supposed to tow with them, but who cares what they say:

How many miles on the engine? What would cause something like that?

92k, the most common cause is overheating. However it doesn't appear to be the case here.

What happened to the silver one? dropped valve while towing....:drool:

I slapped on a hitch to my RC about 10yrs ago. Most I tow is trailer with a couple motorcycles/gear (1500lbs). Biggest reason for no towing with RC is due to clutch. Keep the slipping to min and truck does fine. If your RC is dropped like mine your tongue weight is greatly reduced...not much rear travel.

i've hauled 8k with my RC
maybe it was closer to 10k

tore out a concrete drive and hauled it off... it "might" have been too much - but "they" don't know me...

So what are the plans for this one.

I will rebuild it and sell the truck

OK, Now your just showing off...:D

You'd be surprised how many people stop and stare at the sight of a 10 towing a 10.

What happened to the silver one? dropped valve while towing....:drool:

I slapped on a hitch to my RC about 10yrs ago. Most I tow is trailer with a couple motorcycles/gear (1500lbs). Biggest reason for no towing with RC is due to clutch. Keep the slipping to min and truck does fine. If your RC is dropped like mine your tongue weight is greatly reduced...not much rear travel.

My truck is not lowered and I realize my towing capacity will be greatly reduced when I do it.

Heard if you are going to tow with a RC..don't use 6th gear.

I don't use either of the overdrive gears (5th or 6th) when loaded, but I'll use 5th and 6th when the trailer isn't loaded.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back