towing capacity with RC

tarheelguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know the towing spec from dodge for an 04 RC, possible new owners want to know as im in the process of selling it. thanks in advance guys

tarheelguy said:
does anyone know the towing spec from dodge for an 04 RC, possible new owners want to know as im in the process of selling it. thanks in advance guys
Nada nothing :( :(

they don't recomend towing, yet there is a 4-way flat plug available up under the bumper ,a removable panel, and a ram 1500 hitch from mopar bolts right up:dontknow: i have towed a jet-ski, and a trailer full of dirt bikes with no problem! it must be a liability thing with the clutch...drive conservatively:rock:

Justin from JMB has towed a trailer with a vehicle with his. Albeit I think he had air bags with the suspension. Like others have said the clutch is the reason they dont suggest towing.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Like others have said the clutch is the reason they dont suggest towing.
And the 4:11 rear end.

Dodge probably said "No towing" on the 04's to save themselves a few hundred thousand in warranty clutch replacment jobs. :)

my 04 rc is right about (1) 5'4 105 pound big boobed brunette, still trying to get the hot younger sister in there:D damn clutch;)

Ive towed 6000+#'s with a RC with 4.11's three times in two months. Clutch was not an issue at all, in fact I smoked the clutch racing on a saturday and towed a viper on a 21' steel trailer on monday with no smell.
Justin

I toe\wed my boat for the fist time today with my newly aquired 04 SC. The boat is 4600 lbs. dry plus trailer and gear. The thing did great untill I tried to pull the boat out of the water up the ramp. That SUCKED!!! First gear is way to tall. I had to feather the clutch like crazy just to get moving. Lots of smoke!! Does anyone know if it is possible and or practical to swap the first gear cog for a lower gear? It seems to mee like a lower gear and a better clutch would make this thing tow great. If not I have a clean silver 04 RC for sale.

Recommended vedors? approx cost? Thanks

SANCHOBA said:
pm maui srt-10, he swears by his, he bought them from http://www.gounitrax.com/main.html
When I did my 4.56 gears I went w/ Unitrax too!:rock:

You're probably looking at ~$450 + a few hundred for the install.

IMO, worth every penny not only for towing, but it makes the truck a blast to drive on the street!!:burnout: :D

Towing capacity

Towing is not recommended with this truck, but there is a wire harness and tow hitches that fit. I dropped one in and towed a 3500 pound vehicle for over 50 miles and took it up a steep pass with no problem.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back