Towing in my beast!!!

Viperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else towing toys with their 10's? Post some pics to show your toys attached to your 10's. This was my first time towing anything with my truck, rode like a champ with plenty of power!uploadfromtaptalk1438993970489.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Trailer weight is 5400 lbs dry. Yes it has trailer brakes, with a brake controller.

i dont have pics but i hooked my open trailer with 73 Dart drag car, trailer weighs about 6-800lbs the car about 2480 pulled it easily but havent got it on the hiway, it didnt squat the rear hardly at all and thats because mine is lowered so i was worried about that.

hopefully some one can find the vid of someone pullin a camper, bout the same size as your, & lightin up the rear tires:rock::rock::rock:

Last week, I saw a lowered 05 QG pulling a tandem axel car hauler. He wasn't wasting any time!

ZCX that I would love to see! If anyone has that vid please share!

Check past history here about towing much has already been written about this, there are many things to know, IF your truck is a quad cab with the automatic, it came from the factory with a hitch, BUT the 04/05 RC did NOT...the weakest point is the clutch, if you tow in 6 th gear, put a can up on the dash and as you go down the highway just keep putting money in the can on the dash...you will be buying a clutch...my $.02

My Dad likes to use mine for towing while I'm in Spain, because he says our other too are too tall and the SRT is just easier lol
media_c6d06514b21375d76d3c4a90828dda96.jpg

media_09a6a2c142108b8b4a35602644266dc2.jpg

media_ceaeed565403637b8ac162795a347ce6.jpg

step one:
drive racecar to track.
step two: disconnect trailer.
step 3:
a. race truck.
b. race car.
step 4:
reconnect trailer.
step 5:
load up racecar.
step 6:
drive home.

:D

Attachments

• IMG_9362.jpg
    IMG_9362.jpg
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 140
Nice!

I also towed a car to the scrap yard Saturday morning and my total weight was 10,020 pounds.

How do you top that?
Maybe the front of the black truck on a car dolly and that being towed by a 4 door or twin Viper powered motor home

That's bad ass!! Maybe an RC towing a QC could top it! Lol

That's bad ass!! Maybe an RC towing a QC could top it! Lol

I believe Tony towed a QC in an enclosed trailer with an RC and there are pictures of it around here somewhere.

Would be more fun if that was a Lightning on the trailer as I'm sure they need to be towed a lot more often...

I am going to tow about 10,000lbs with a QC. It's a dual axle trailer with a v10 ford excursion on it. I think I have enough power and brakes, and given the other trucks that use a similar diff and Trans I am confident in that. I would think the point that would be stressed the most would be the suspension. Guess I will see. Not to thrilled about driving that in the rain though.

I am going to tow about 10,000lbs with a QC. It's a dual axle trailer with a v10 ford excursion on it. I think I have enough power and brakes, and given the other trucks that use a similar diff and Trans I am confident in that. I would think the point that would be stressed the most would be the suspension. Guess I will see. Not to thrilled about driving that in the rain though.
If I could do this last weekend from Kennesaw GA to eastern NC in pouring rain the wholw time then the 10 should have no problem.uploadfromtaptalk1443753479419.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back