Towing limit for SRT-10

enforcer17

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking to get to the track this year, but budget is key. What is the most that the SRT-10 can tow comfortably?

I am looking to tow a 5x10 or 6x12 for set of wheels/tires, canopy, jack, tools, air tank, etc.

I personally have hauled 5900 lbs of quarry process in the bed of my SRT. pulled it nicely. Dont EVER use 6th gear and take it easy and your fine

I CANT EXAGERATE THIS ENOUGH. no 6th gear. the .5 - 1 ratio is too much on the clutch and trans. all the rest your fine with :)

...it a viper TRUCK...

Attachments

• 0509091403_01.jpg
    0509091403_01.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 5,624
i tow a 25' pontoon boat all the time with mine, i agree with stanimal, no 6th gear if you have the 4.10's.

I tow a 28' enclosed trailer with the race car and all the other items, weighs 9200lbs. No problems but I do have air bag helpers on the rear.

BCsrt10 said:
I tow a 28' enclosed trailer with the race car and all the other items, weighs 9200lbs. No problems but I do have air bag helpers on the rear.

i wana see that

I bought the kit from a local suspension shop, if i remember it was made by Firestone, about $400 and took about 2 hours to install. My truck is a 06, so it has the 2500 chassis.

Finally got to post up photo of truck & trailer ready for the track

Attachments

• DSC00964.JPG
    DSC00964.JPG
    822.6 KB · Views: 4,860
06 rc towing

I want to tow my 24ft enclosed race trailer a 06 RC to and from the track. So im guessing 7-8500 lbs. Haven't hooked it up yet but any thoughts? If it sagged, was going to also put on the air bags. But than i thought it may mess with handling.

I want to tow my 24ft enclosed race trailer a 06 RC to and from the track. So im guessing 7-8500 lbs. Haven't hooked it up yet but any thoughts? If it sagged, was going to also put on the air bags. But than i thought it may mess with handling.
Would you pull that load with any other half ton truck? If the answer is yes, then don't be scared to do it with the SRT10. For towing purposes, think of your SRT10 as a half ton with bigger brakes, better gearing, and more torque.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back