Towing with a lowering kit

wakeboard13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone towed with a lowering kit and how much weight was it that you towed. Also can you tow with a lowering kit and Cal Tracs.

Thanks

wakeboard13 said:
Has anyone towed with a lowering kit and how much weight was it that you towed. Also can you tow with a lowering kit and Cal Tracs.

Thanks

Using Boomer's kit I have towed a 6000 lb boat and trailer and a 20' enclosed trailer packed with tools and a race car. No problem pulling. Have to watch the tongue weight and really have to watch ingress/egress over entrances. If you have any significant tongue wt you will have to add air bag helpers (boomer sells those as well).

drcraig said:
If you have any significant tongue wt you will have to add air bag helpers (boomer sells those as well).

Do you have these or go without?

I will be towing a boat as well.

wakeboard13 said:
Do you have these or go without?

I will be towing a boat as well.

I currently go without, but frankly they are on my list to get. If I am towing I have to watch the balance and it limits what I can put in the bed.

The quad cab leaf springs are a joke. The ones in the RC are better quality. Some folks on this board have replaced their QC springs with RC springs and this helps greatly. The best fix would be RC springs plus the helper bags.

PS I use the adjustable shackes from boomer (bottom holes) whenever I tow the boat.

I tow with mine. A 22ft alumaweld jetsled and yes I have added helper airbags to offset tongue weight. I'm a fishing nut and one of the reasons I bought this truck is that I can tow my sled with it.:D

Rockin Ronnie said:
I tow with mine. A 22ft alumaweld jetsled and yes I have added helper airbags to offset tongue weight. I'm a fishing nut and one of the reasons I bought this truck is that I can tow my sled with it.:D
Do you know how much she weighs in at?

i have boomers lowering kit on my 2005QC ...i also put the R C LEAF SPRINGS on from boomer and i tow a lot with ease but you have to take it easy over speed bumps and drivways. this way i have the look and towing going on...:rock:

Last edited:
My boat is about 5500 lbs and I dont want to have to add airbags and such if I lower the truck, so i will probably stay stock.

wakeboard13 said:
My boat is about 5500 lbs and I dont want to have to add airbags and such if I lower the truck, so i will probably stay stock.
You will definately have to add airbags I tried to tow first without them and was rubbing.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back