toyo proxes

awesome, i went to buy them and they dont include shipping, I dont want to order them and find out what the shipping will be. I am heading to california for a long road trip in a week for 2 weeks. Any local shops around vegas that i could buy them and pick them up for that price?

can i see some pics from the rear of your truck with them tires on there>?

how are they holding up since u put them on?? grippy?? soft? burning off quick?

I have the toyo proxes st and they bite pretty good on dry pavement. Lack a little on wet roads, but what can hold 430hp in the rain?
I like them a lot and will buy more. They should last about 25-30k miles from what I am seeing with mine because they are kinda soft and bite hard. LOVE the directional tread and look great. Make sure you get the correct speed rating for those short bursts of muscle.(on the track of course):rock:
Stock size and sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. My camera was stolen by my x wife.(super bitch):D

Attachments

• 03-19-09_1459.jpg
    03-19-09_1459.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 636
  • 02-13-09_1755.jpg
    02-13-09_1755.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 04-18-09_1523.jpg
    04-18-09_1523.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 04-18-09_1524.jpg
    04-18-09_1524.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 500snakz.jpg
    500snakz.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
ya, i wanna see some wide ones on the truck. how tall did u get??

You WON'T be disapointed with the toyo's. DO IT...DO IT NOWWWW!!!(schwartsiniger accent)spelling?

hahaha, you better not be lieing to me. they want 1020 usd, 1224 canadian dollar + install, balance, when they get up here.

The ebay posting is for 2 tires at 500 bucks. I got my set for 850.00 for all 4. The listing is a larger size and cost more, so thats about right. Shipping and mounting is an additional cost. Check out your local tire stores for a better price.

lukedovichak said:
hahaha, you better not be lieing to me. they want 1020 usd, 1224 canadian dollar + install, balance, when they get up here.

I have half of my family up in Newfoundland. :rock:

sweet:) them wide tires LOOK SICK! hope it helps with traction too:)

I disagree. They flat out suck in the rain.

I would never buy them again for a rear wheel drive vehicle. They worked great on my wifes AWD Infiniti's.

Silverback said:
I disagree. They flat out suck in the rain.

I would never buy them again for a rear wheel drive vehicle. They worked great on my wifes AWD Infiniti's.

I agree with Silverback on this. This tires are dangerous on wet roads. I would never buy them again, and would recommend not buying them. STAY AWAY!

Well ok then...you guys have modded trucks. I am stock. I like them and will be buying them again. I drive when it's dry and on the road they work very good. I met a guy last night at the car show that has an 04 black and he auto cross races with them.
You guys tell me WHAT tire can hold a high horsepower light rear truck in the rain? (crickets chirping) There is no such tire made.
I will buy any tire that can hold the 10 in the wet and not spin.
I am open for suggestions.

500snakz said:
Well ok then...you guys have modded trucks. I am stock. I like them and will be buying them again. I drive when it's dry and on the road they work very good. I met a guy last night at the car show that has an 04 black and he auto cross races with them.
You guys tell me WHAT tire can hold a high horsepower light rear truck in the rain? (crickets chirping) There is no such tire made.
I will buy any tire that can hold the 10 in the wet and not spin.
I am open for suggestions.
You are right, They will all spin out. Some easier than others, Get the ones you like.

The General Grabber UHPs work really well in the rain,
or rather, they work really well in the rain if you drive like ya got some common sense. ;) :D

On tiresavings.com the general vhp and the toyo proxes st both have traction rating of "A" and the toyo's have a better treadwear rating.
General vhp is a 320 and the toyo proxes are a 420.
The proxes t1r have a traction rating of "AA" but only a wear rating of 280.
Do some shopping and choose what you like the best. I would go for a good traction rating and a high treadwear rating too. There is a balance somewhere in between that you need to decide on to fit your needs. Softer rubber = better dry traction and shorter lifespan.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back