toyo proxes

I like these BF goodrich g-Force T/A KDW. Kind of pricey tho.

Attachments

• gforkdw.jpg
    gforkdw.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 35
I had General Grabber UHP on my old wheels before i tradded them with Craig for his sweet chrome rims...I loved them and will be getting them again soon.

500snakz said:
Well ok then...you guys have modded trucks. I am stock. I like them and will be buying them again. I drive when it's dry and on the road they work very good. I met a guy last night at the car show that has an 04 black and he auto cross races with them.
You guys tell me WHAT tire can hold a high horsepower light rear truck in the rain? (crickets chirping) There is no such tire made.
I will buy any tire that can hold the 10 in the wet and not spin.
I am open for suggestions.

Dude, you do what you want. It's your money and truck. The tires have good dry traction, but if you drive in the rain your playing with your life. They hydro plain on wet roads like nobody's business. It's unsafe to drive on wet roads over 50 mph. I'm not talking just the rear tires either. If your looking for tires you could look at Nitto, Continental, BFG, and Yokohama. All are pretty good. I'm currently running the Yokohama at the moment and like a lot better than the Toyo Proxes.

You know, Phil (Big Asp) also bought these (T/A-KDW) tires, he ended-up not liking them....it would be a personal choice :)

quick_silver-albums-quick-s-own-picture9930-picture-1-045.jpg

Quick

i had some and they did SUCK in the rain, however since it's not my DD anymore and they are the cheapest 325's i can get thats what i'm gonna go with next. i just won't drive it in the rain:D

500snakz said:
I like these BF goodrich g-Force T/A KDW. Kind of pricey tho.

ya i was looking at these too. Lots of friends have/had them, wore out too quickly, but they do have a nice tread pattern. my back tires are TOAST. gotta get some new ones. lol i got chunks missing out of the rears........ whoops

Anythong is better then the stockers. I got some nitto's 420's sitting in the garage ready to go on.

I have Khumo's on mine. Dry traction seems to be about the same as the Pirelli's without the high price. Wet weather can get squirley if you don't pay attention. The rear will step out on a graduall scale. Easily managed if you don't smash on the go pedal. Much better wet traction than the stockers. They don't hydroplane as much.

I want a tire with really good dry traction. The Khumos are ok, but there are better tires out there. I want to try the BFG's next time.

Yellow venom said:
Continental,Generals and Coopers for under $300 each for ya Luke!

ya i remember you telling me about that. do cont or generals make them 325x40x22??

ok sweet. I was bsing with a friend today and he thinks its a good idea to get them wide on the back too. But with my truck having stinkers lowering kit, will the wider tires rub upfront or stick out at all? I would prefer to run the same size tires around the truck but idK

great find, now i just gotta measure this.

Attachments

• tire infos.JPG
    tire infos.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 45
I got a sponsor for a burnout competition and the tires donated were new Proxes. I used 2- 17 inch spare wheels but i think the width was 265's. Although im an idiot, i could be wrong on the width.

I tested the tires out after i mounted them but before the burnout just to see. I got a better launch "2.01" with the 265's with less spin than i did my 305 pirellis at "2.18". Could be a fluke, but i was sold and will be buying these tires when i need them..... IE. Real fuckin soon.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back