TPS Sensor

Yellow venom

Boosted Venom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran a search for a TPS sensor part#,anyone have the part# for an 05 TPS sensor (QC) not sure if they are different or they all the same part # for the SRT-10's:dontknow: ,Thanks in advance for the part #:rock:

Napa part number UNI 216731 retails at $61 my cost is $40 the location we buy from has only 1 in stock. Let me know I can grab one tomorrow or put it on hold for you. BTW what are you up to?

Ramchargerguy said:
Napa part number UNI 216731 retails at $61 my cost is $40 the location we buy from has only 1 in stock. Let me know I can grab one tomorrow or put it on hold for you. BTW what are you up to?

Yeah,please grab that for me Jeff,and what am I up to?hmmmmm lets say a 28% increase after I replace that sensor:burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: ,then my harness should be in fri or mon ,then the datalogging and fine tunes!!,Then I'm coming to get you!! LOL!:aetsch:

Yellow venom said:
Yeah,please grab that for me Jeff,and what am I up to?hmmmmm lets say a 28% increase after I replace that sensor:burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: ,then my harness should be in fri or mon ,then the datalogging and fine tunes!!,Then I'm coming to get you!! LOL!:aetsch:

:eek:rly: :ciao: :burnout:

So the tps not ready 100%? Hows there a 28% increase.

Ahh I'm going to check mine tomorrow since I'm off this week, I think mines ok. I didn add tax so it's a whole 2$ more at $42 let me know if your somewhere close to me I can drop it off.

This is interesting, according to my aeroforce gauge mine is reading like 14% at idle and around 74% at WOT. Now the aeroforce gauge is displaying what the PCM is broadcasting and I verified that the TB blade is actually opening all the way.

According to aeroforce it's not uncommon for some manufactures to not go all the way to 100% at WOT but according to quicksilver his truck goes to 100% throttle at WOT (also using the aeroforce gauge).

So is it possible that the TPS on these trucks just go to shit without producing a code?

Then can crap out as long as if it's not shorted or an open circuit chances are it will not set a code. I dropped of Joes new sensor to him and I guess we will find out. My truck reads 100% with the scanner hooked up.

Whataguy83 said:
This is interesting, according to my aeroforce gauge mine is reading like 14% at idle and around 74% at WOT. Now the aeroforce gauge is displaying what the PCM is broadcasting and I verified that the TB blade is actually opening all the way.

According to aeroforce it's not uncommon for some manufactures to not go all the way to 100% at WOT but according to quicksilver his truck goes to 100% throttle at WOT (also using the aeroforce gauge).

So is it possible that the TPS on these trucks just go to shit without producing a code?
I have replaced mine twice, And never got a code.:dontknow:

:mad: GRRRRR.:mad: .......I replaced the TPS sensor and this is what happened
before at idle 11% at WOT 72.4%
after 16% 74.9%
WTF????:confused: :confused:
So I took the new one out,sprayed the old one with electrical contact cleaner let it dry then....
at idle 11% WOT 76.5%
IS this the norm? I also did a master reset on the ECM too after I put the new ine in,soo:dontknow: :dontknow:

I'm wondering if there is a difference between the generic obd2 scanners and an actual real scanner, compared to our shops snap-on modis and the old snap-on brick. I'm going to look into this I am going to hook up all three scanners I have and compare readings.

Ramchargerguy said:
I'm wondering if there is a difference between the generic obd2 scanners and an actual real scanner, compared to our shops snap-on modis and the old snap-on brick. I'm going to look into this I am going to hook up all three scanners I have and compare readings.

They must read differently Jeff,let me know on what you find out,If I bring my truck by your work today you can plug in and check,then you will have the DashDAQ comparison too:rock:

Yellow venom said:
They must read differently Jeff,let me know on what you find out,If I bring my truck by your work today you can plug in and check,then you will have the DashDAQ comparison too:rock:

I'll check mine later when they close for he day if I show up on my day off they will put me to work. Let me know if that works it will be after 6.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back