Track last night

Pneumothorax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the track last night and ran a best of 13.2@104. Mods are in my signature. Pretty happy to be in the low 13's with an automatic quad. Now to break into the 12's. Best 1/4 on the left. Best R/T and 60' on the right.

Last edited:
So now, I need some suggestions on what to do next to get into the 12's. I plan on getting a TB next, but that won't do .3 seconds off. What else should be done?

I agree on the torque converter, although I don't know much about racing automatics. You could get a set of 17X10 wheels and some M&H 390-40-17 Drag radials. The 29.5" tall drag radials are almost 2" shorter than the stock tires, helping lower your gear ratio for quicker acceleration. A.1 (1 tenth) improvement in your 60' time will translate to almost .2 in your 1/4 mile time. The torque converter will allow you to leave at a higher rpm and the drag radials will allow you to leave harder. Those two items and you're in the 12's easy.

Looks like my next few upgrades will be Scott's traction/transfer bars, torque converter, and some DR's. As long as I'm faster than a stockish Jeep SRT8 by next year. I was easily able to convince my girlfriend into one of those. She can't be faster than me :chain:

Last edited:
Scott is right, The TC will knock .5 off and the bars will definitely help. The DR's are a must also. But damn good times bro

Scott is right, The TC will knock .5 off and the bars will definitely help. The DR's are a must also. But damn good times bro

TC is good for .5? Damn. Any recommendations on a quality one? And how much would it be to get it installed? I don't have a lift for the truck to drop the tranny out. I only have my driveway to do basic bolt ons.

Make sure you have some sort of traction bars and a drive shaft loop if you have good rubber. Wheel hop can cause lots of damage. Actually it's a good thing to have no matter what.

TC is good for .5? Damn. Any recommendations on a quality one? And how much would it be to get it installed? I don't have a lift for the truck to drop the tranny out. I only have my driveway to do basic bolt ons.

I don't think he really means "Traction Control", it is not available for our trucks. What he meant to say was the Traction bars or "Traction System" such as Scott's long traction bars. Get the long bars and drag radials along with the stall converter and you're easy in the 12's

I don't think he really means "Traction Control", it is not available for our trucks. What he meant to say was the Traction bars or "Traction System" such as Scott's long traction bars. Get the long bars and drag radials along with the stall converter and you're easy in the 12's

That's the plan. Already been talking to Scott about his traction kit which I'm definitely going to get once I save up some money. About the stall converter...recommendations on a good one?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back