Traction Bars

Kopack_05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been kinda slow around here, so I thought I would post my current project (Planning phase)
I'm looking into, fabricating a set of traction bars. I was going to purchase the VR1 system until Scott broke the bad news to me, that he does not offer a solution for standard height quad cabs:(. I have researched and selected all the necessary hardware. It is easy to understand why the VR1 system is priced slightly higher than the competition. Id like to hear from you guys that have built these systems for your trucks. The front bracket and bars will be pretty simple to do, Its the rear bracket I'm undecided on. A weld on bracket will be easier to fabricate and install. I found this bolt on rear bracket for the ford lightnings. It sits slightly inboard which puts the center lines of the mounting and frame rails more inline. Is there an advantage to a bolt on set, other than being able to return to stock? Are the axle tubes difficult to weld?
Also, what are your thoughts on the rear of the bars, being bushings, instead of the solid Heim joint, I've seen some options for poly bushings that still would be adjustable in length on the bars? Anybody having issues with their solid heim joints wearing out and rattling around, (Not that I would hear it):D

Thanks
Kopack 05

Attachments

• ford bracket.jpg
    ford bracket.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 107

Do you have experience with this product?... I have previously looked at this website. All of there Rear mounts are set up for a Lift kit, and no tubing specs. The only other place online I've seen that specific type of Heim joint is at the Tractor supply store.:D

Nope . Just used it as an example. They actually have a few different traction bars made for the ram. Whats wrong with just caltracts? I have way more power than stock and i hook up ok. Im just happy she goes straight as an arrow.

Nope . Just used it as an example. They actually have a few different traction bars made for the ram. Whats wrong with just caltracts? I have way more power than stock and i hook up ok. Im just happy she goes straight as an arrow.

I got no problems with the cal tracks short of a little noise every now and again. Truck does leave in a strait line, works great. I was just commenting on the fact they are not an inch and a half,and go all they way to the cab like the ones in the link. They look ridiculously large.

Mine are made for these trucks. But yes lowering is a must. Not slammed, just our standard 2/4 kit.

I don't think anything is wrong with the Caltracts, Just looking for a better option. Everything I've read says the Caltracts give the rear a lift and sends it in a straight line. Since you have them, maybe you can elaborate? The information on this site points to a long bar setup as being a better option. How long have you had the Caltracts? and do you have any 60' times?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back