Trade 4.56 Diff for a 4.10 unit

Doug-

Reaction score
If your from Southern California and you would like to run 4.56 gears instead if the 4.10 then we might be able to trade. I have a low milage Super Dana 60rear end out of a 2006 SRT10 that has 4.56 gears. The 4.56 gears are just not tall enough for my Hemi and the highway driving I do. I've been told that I have to change the carrier if I want to go to a taller gear so if someone else wants to go shorter then maybe we can satisfy to needs.

Doug

If your from Southern California and you would like to run 4.56 gears instead if the 4.10 then we might be able to trade. I have a low milage Super Dana 60rear end out of a 2006 SRT10 that has 4.56 gears. The 4.56 gears are just not tall enough for my Hemi and the highway driving I do. I've been told that I have to change the carrier if I want to go to a taller gear so if someone else wants to go shorter then maybe we can satisfy to needs.

Doug

I got a rear end out of my 02 ram 5.9. Believe its the dana 44 with like 3.92 i believe. Id be down to trade plus cash for yours

they didnt put the dana 44 in a ram. is your 02 a 1500 or 2500? 1500 would get the chrysler 9.25 with either 3.55 or 3.92/ the 2500 would get the dana 60 or 70 with 3.55's or 4.10's

I got a rear end out of my 02 ram 5.9. Believe its the dana 44 with like 3.92 i believe. Id be down to trade plus cash for yours

No thanks, I want to keep the Dana 60 which I upgraded from the 9.25 stock rear end.

Doug

4.10 and 4.56 carrier are the same.

I've been told the 4.10 is good for 4.10 gears and lower (numerically) and the 4.56 carrier works with 4.56 gear and higher. Now maybe there's an aftermarket 4.10 gear that will work with the 4.56 carrier but I don't know.

Doug

I've been told the 4.10 is good for 4.10 gears and lower (numerically) and the 4.56 carrier works with 4.56 gear and higher. Now maybe there's an aftermarket 4.10 gear that will work with the 4.56 carrier but I don't know.

Doug

But I told you correctly. Take it to the bank.

I have a 4.56 carrier over here, from another member. i was told it will work for 4.10 and 4.56.

I trust the guy who told me.

Just looking for some gears. New not used

But I told you correctly. Take it to the bank.

So if I order a Dana 60 4.10 gear it will fit the 4.56 carrier I currently have. My concern is I've had two shops tell me that the carrier must be changed to fit a 4.10 but I've had questionable luck with the rear end shops here in SoCal.

Doug

So if I order a Dana 60 4.10 gear it will fit the 4.56 carrier I currently have. My concern is I've had two shops tell me that the carrier must be changed to fit a 4.10 but I've had questionable luck with the rear end shops here in SoCal.

Doug

Call devin at unitrax he can get you what you need, they make different thickness gears for the different carriers

Doug

See post #8

See post #8

I talked to East Coast Gear Supply who said the 4.56 gear used in the factory
SRT10's is a thick gear so the carrier is indeed the same (as you said). Now with that information I can challenge a shop that states the carrier needs to be changed when going from 4.56's to 4.10's in an attempt to charger more money.

Doug

I talked to East Coast Gear Supply who said the 4.56 gear used in the factory
SRT10's is a thick gear so the carrier is indeed the same (as you said). Now with that information I can challenge a shop that states the carrier needs to be changed when going from 4.56's to 4.10's in an attempt to charger more money.

Doug

Damn, that was like pullin teeth!!:D:D

Damn, that was like pullin teeth!!:D:D

I could have just said FatJack said so, but I get bothered by the details;) Having said that, I will have to stop by my Dodge dealer and tell them that the carriers are in fact the same as they swore there was a difference.

Last edited:
I could have just said FatJack said so, but I get bothered by the details;) Having said that, I will have to stop by my Dodge dealer and tell them that the carriers are in fact the same as they swore there was a difference.

Tell the dumbasses to check the part numbers.

dude I have the carrier, it will fit trust me. just order your gears.

older member alexspop gave me his, he is like a rear king. I trust him 100%

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back