TRADE my 10sec '87 Buick for Viper Truck

GUMBO

Reaction score
Last weekend I ran into a local guy with Viper truck and had the chance to check it out. Never really looked at one before - except online. I have an RWD 2006 Silverado SS daily driver that I would sell in favor of a VT.

So if anyone is interested in trading away their truck for a NASTY street car...

From Racing Junk.com listing:

TRADE my 10sec 1987 Buick Turbo Street/Strip
IMG_1102.jpg

Radical Street Car category is PERFECT !

In Spring 87 my Dad ordered this Turbo T Type Buick and spec'd it with manual locks - manual windows - hard top - black out trim etc. He did not want a Grand National as they were planning on 22000 of them that year - while only 6000 or so T's in various colors. ________This was his second car - not a daily driver but a weekend toy for 19 years and remained 99% stock until he handed it down to me in Spring of 06. I have a nasty habit of not being able to leave anything stock. Once I learned of the work done by nearby Cotton's Performance - a specialty garage working nearly exclusively on turbo Buick's I knew I was in trouble. Cotton's builds the best Buick's in the Northeast and has dedicated customers across the country as well. _________The car was transformed from MILD to WILD over the winter of 2006-2007 . We went to the track for 3 shakedown sessions May-Aug 2007 and attended Fall 2007 Buick event at Cecil County where it made super 16 and the semis. It has not been back to track since. I have the time slips and will post some to this listing. On conservative boost the car runs 10.2 - 10.4 and the one time it was pushed she ran a best of 10.0 at 137 - this was at Cecil with Cottons overseeing the tune. Nothing has ever been damaged and it starts and runs great every time I get the urge to go for a spin. It has never not started and never stranded me. I have put 2000 miles on the car in the 3 seasons I have had it. Around town off boost it drives wonderful and is nice and quiet, but hit the highway or an open road and let it rip like only these Buick's can! On the handful of times out to the local Berlin Turnpike is has annihilated the few cars that wanted to run. The setup is for street/strip with emphasis on SAFETY and keeping things clean and tidy. I had it built like this thinking I could get to the track and run 6-10 times a year. That's just not realistic as I have not been to track since 07 and sold my trailer last year. Keeping this soley as a toy for the street makes no sense - it needs to go racing. With Spring rapidly approaching you would be hard pressed to get a car this well done before the season starts. _______________I have ALL my dads dealer service documents from purchase up until 2006 and have all my modification documents from Cottons, Miller, the Powdercoater and the Upholsterer _______________The short block was replaced at 34k miles by GM - and remains stock. Oil pressure is STRONG when hot and so long as you are fine with mid 10's you can run it as is. This car with built bottom end at would be an easy 9.7 car and a 9.5 car if you change to next size turbo with bigger DP / headers. _______________ $5000.00+ Custom chromoly Roll Cage with extras was done by Miller Racecar's in Wallingford, CT and is certified to 8.5 seconds. Jamie Miller also built the $1000.00 custom aluminum center console - a one of a kind. _______________ My price is set at a reasonable amount for someone who wants to avoid the hassle of waiting for a build - then test and tuning. You would be getting this car for less than half of what it would run you to duplicate it. I'm happy to fax you all invoices from the work I had done - _________U.S. buyers - I will assist with transport and delivery arrangements. ________ Overseas International buyers - I will personally trailer this car to the docks and oversee placement in your arranged shipping container - sending you pictures as required. WHAT FOLLOWS IS THE LIST OF WHAT AND WHO did work:________Miller Race Cars: Full Chrome Moly Cage fuel pump mount seat mounts door X braces kirkey seats Simpson Platinum Harnessesn wired in all switches in console, window net kit NHRA 8.50 certification Custom Aluminum Center Console - one of a kind. Painless Switch Panel in console _____COTTONS PERFORMANCE Note: all work and new parts installed Winter/Spring 07 FRONT: Tubular control arms QA1 Double Adjustable Coilovers 6" Weld Wheels REAR: Frame notch Rear crossmember for frame notch support 325-50-15s DRs on 10" Welds Wolf sway bar Wolf adjustable uppers/lowers QA1 Adjustable shocks Moser 28 pline axle kit rear end girdle rear firewall spare tire delete FUEL: 83# injectors 10 gal fuel cell aeromotive eliminator fuelpump aeromotive pro series fuel regulator aeromotive pro filter aeromotive pump speed controller black anodized hose fittings black hose DRIVELINE: Turbo 400 with transbrake 9" N/L torque converter T400 slip yoke assembly pinion yoke 1350 T400 driveshaft Poly Trans Mounts Driveshaft loop SS tranny lines B&M pro stick shifter B&M knob with button for line lock STOPPING: Rebuilt Power Master cottons line lock Baer front brakes SS brake lines ENGINE: FAST XFI , INNOVATIVE MSBC-1 Boost Controller Turbonetics CPT70-P-BB Turbo Turbonetics Wastegate Cottons Down Pipe Cottons Exhaust Cottons Aluminum Cold Air Cottons Front Mount IC Aluminum Radiator Aluminum Radiator Cover Champion Intake Champion GN1 Aluminum Heads Cometic Head Gasket Upgraded Valvetrain Push rod set 1.55 T+D Roller Rocker Kit 212 Roller Cam Kit Champion AC Delete Bracket RJC Polished Pulleys - All Poly Motor Mounts Coil Pack Ignition Module Alternator Water Pump Oil Pump Fuel pressure gauge rail mount Plug Wires 8mm Aluminum Valve covers AC/heat delete plate ______OTHER: Body Bushing Kit Autometer Sport Comp Tach Autometer Oil, H20, Boost gauges Autometer LED shift light Lots of various gaskets and hoses MISC INTERIOR: Powdercoated the kirkey seats black to match covers Powdercoated the center console Powdercoated the door sill plates to match Upolstered rear seat black to match front kirkey seat covers Billet horn ring Custom trimmed black vinyl covers over all roll bar padding Custom carpet in entire trunk including side and rear panels, Custom lightweight interior carpet and power6 floor mats
Seller Phone Number: 8602123659

This item is USED

Trades ACCEPTED: Will trade for a nice modern (2005+) muscle daily driver, M3 Convertible, S4 Convertible, Mitsu Evo 9, a 60's Lincoln or Caddy Convertible in mint shape, a convertible muscle car - must be 8 cylinder, an RV, NO BOATS or BIKES.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back