Trade: supercharged 2004 GTO (501rwhp) for Ram SRT-10

Here's some pictures of the full exhaust. First are the 1 3/4" long tube Kooks headers with catted midpipes. I sent them to get ceramic coated before installation. I had both the headers and midpipes coated. Kooks are some of the BEST headers you can buy. These would cost $1500 alone. Not cheap.

Next is the Borla catback before installation. Again, Borla is the name in exhaust systems. All stainless steel construction just like the Kooks headers. I used all stainless steel fasteners for a total package. The Borla is almost $1000 as well.

kooks.jpg

borla2.jpg

The last thing I can think of are the inside mods. You can't really see them, their convenience things. I have factory (Holden type) Bluetooth installed. If you have a Bluetooth cell phone and someone calls you it mutes the stereo for 1 second to get your attention. Then you push the phone button to answer, the stereo totally mutes and you talk through the factory speakers. There is a small mic hidden in the GTO. Sound quality is outstanding.

Next, I have a factory type aux input wired directly to the factory stereo with a on/off switch. This allows any MP3 source (not only Ipod, the cheaper ones too) to be used in place of CD's. Sound quality is absolutely perfect, nothing like the cheap FM transmitters out there. Again, if your cell phone rings, the audio is muted, doesn't matter what source it is even the aux in MP3 is muted. Very cool. All GTO should have came with it.

Early GTO's ('04-05) didn't come with a door lock button. The '06 did. I installed the '06 door lock button in my '04. Works perfect.

Welcome to the Forum. That's a nice car maybe someone will trade ya. Those GTO's are hard running cars.

Keep it and buy a new '05 for $30-33K. There's 4 or 5 Red and Sliver trucks up the street from me, all with 20 or less miles on them.

PS Welcome, and nice car!

I cannot keep it and buy a SRT10. I must either sell it and buy one or just trade to the right person.

I'm willing to do the driving for the trade within reason (no cross country trips).

AWDisuzu said:
its a tempting trade!

I think so too. (hint, hint)

Seriously, with you on the other coast it would be difficult to do.

Members, please spread the word for those that don't get to the message boards much!

SportCoupe said:
Still looking for a trade here. :burnout:

There is an 05 silver quad cab with 3000 miles at Tim Marburger Dodge in Concord NC for $31,000

outnumbered said:
There is an 05 silver quad cab with 3000 miles at Tim Marburger Dodge in Concord NC for $31,000

Thanks but I don't see a dealer doing a straight trade with me. I would rather have a RC then QC too.

Remember I will drive to your front door and we can swap titles if you're within 500-600 miles of Savannah, GA.

I'm holding out for a silver or black regular cab Ram SRT-10.

Keep popping in here evry so often and you are bound to find a taker eventually. I am totally a truck guy, but there has to be someone out there, even on this board, that has a hankerin to go really fast, and would rather go faster no matter in what vehicle. Looks like you have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into your car. Keep hangin around here and you'll find your deal eventually. Oh, yeah, and welcome to the group.

Greg

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will of course check back every so often till I find a trader and then I will stay once I get my SRT-10.

I only know of this forum and srt10forum.com where lots of SRT10 Ram guys hang out. Thaose are about the only places I know of that I can find someone interested in trading.

If anyones thinking about trading with me I am giving you fair warning, I am also on a Hummer forum looking at a trade there as well and looks like I have someone very interested. It will be finialized this weekend with the deal going early next week sometime.

Just letting you know if anyones undeceided. I would rather have a SRT10 but I will trade for what I can and a Hummer guy stepped up. Don't let my trade offer for a SRT10 pass please.

SportCoupe said:
If anyones thinking about trading with me I am giving you fair warning, I am also on a Hummer forum looking at a trade there as well and looks like I have someone very interested. It will be finialized this weekend with the deal going early next week sometime.

Just letting you know if anyones undeceided. I would rather have a SRT10 but I will trade for what I can and a Hummer guy stepped up. Don't let my trade offer for a SRT10 pass please.

Now that's at the opposite end of the spectrum...you're going from super fast to crawl....and at 9mpg to boot.

Yes but they're both very cool. Oh and doesn't the SRT10 get about 9mpg too?

Speaking of gas milage, my 575HP GTO gets 21mpg city and 25mpg highway. :rock:

SportCoupe said:
Yes but they're both very cool. Oh and doesn't the SRT10 get about 9mpg too?

Speaking of gas milage, my 575HP GTO gets 21mpg city and 25mpg highway. :rock:
My reg cab gets 10 mpg in the city with drag strip style take offs.

I get 17 mpg on the highway. ;)

My QC gets 13.6 around town, and mid 16's on the hwy.

Forget about my last post. The Hummer guy fell though, never called me back to final the deal. Good for him since I really want a SRT10 anyway.

So.......to the top for the Sunday crowd. And, to the SRT10 owner that called me from Ohio, I'm waiting to hear back from you too.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back