Traded in the Camaro

VenomTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year ago, the same day I got my truck, my wife saw a black Camaro on the lot and traded in her Avalanche on it.

View attachment 2012-05-10 18.14.37.jpg

It was the base model V6, and no matter what me or the salesman said, she wouldnt go for the SS. I tried and tried and tried to tell her that if your gonna buy a sports car, at least get the V8. She wouldnt budge, something about gas mileage blah blah. So I was all about my truck and pretty much ignored the Camaro for a while. Then I started doing little things to it here and there, rims and tires, exhaust, intake, misc little stuff. I tried to like the Camaro, I wanted to like it. But it just wasnt there, not only because of the V6 which actually surprised me a little bit (over 300hp stock) but just the car itself. Cramped, small, HUGE blind spots, not very comfortable on trips. The only thing it had going for it was looks:

IMG_0721.jpg

So eventually I even got my wife to hate it, after all it was a royal pain in the ass to get a baby in and out of. SO now that I got the wife on the bandwagon, I started looking for something a little more family friendly. I went by a local dealership that had just taken in a 2008 Envoy on a trade. It had 40xxx miles on it and it was CHEAP. Im talking like it must have had no motor, no trans cheap. So I inquired. Apparently a woman whos husband had just departed just wanted to get rid of it because it reminded her of him every time she saw it. Sad story, but I was still curious. Test drove it, carfaxed it, gave it a good once over, and it wasnt even a question. Camaro was gone and this was the new ride:

IMG_1274.jpg

Im really happy with it. It has an inline 6 thats quicker than I thought it would be, and it has all the wood grain, leather, buttons for everything luxury that was very inviting after that lame ass Camaro. Only question is, should I leave this one alone? It has this crazy intake thats more like a puzzle that anything. Anybody mess with one of these? Known problems? I havent jumped on their forums yet, hoping I wont have to. Only plans so far is to strip that chrome junk off the side and get some TBSS wheels. Thanks in advance for any info. :rock:

Last edited:
Wifes cousin has one. Oil drain is at the front. Hers has a sliding roof and a rear windo behind the back seat that is suppose to go up and down and messes up constantly. Speedo cluster went out on her bout 2 yrs ago but that was cheese. Other than that she drives it without checking anything like most women and it's still rollin

SOunds like she has the big one with third row seating. Ours doesnt have the sliding roof.

Yeh it has alot of chrome too. Reminds me of a hurse(sp?) The reg sized ones look fine but that long one definately reminds me of death.

Haha, yea I really dont like those long ones, and all that chrome has to go, at least on mine.

Here is a trailblazer with the same look I am going for, not sure on the rim color yet, maybe silver or gunmetal, not chrome. But basically all molding removed, lowered, and trailblazer ss rims. HID kit and a bunch of little stuff also.

2009-chevrolet-trailblazer.jpg

My parents are on their second Envoy. We have never had any major service issues with either of them. The current one is an 04 with 96k on it. Both of them seem to go through brakes pretty regularly, but other than normal maintenance they were both pretty solid vehicles.

Here is a trailblazer with the same look I am going for, not sure on the rim color yet, maybe silver or gunmetal, not chrome. But basically all molding removed, lowered, and trailblazer ss rims. HID kit and a bunch of little stuff also.

View attachment 51190

I have one of those.......a lot of fun but tranny is the weak link. Go 2WD....

After I spun a bearing

Last edited:
Buy a Grand Cherokee and make us happy in here..a GM???..come on your killing me.

mineral_gray.jpg

One of my ex girlfriends has a Envoy. She drives the shit out of it and doesn't do anything to it. It's got well over 100k on it and is still running. Also one of my college roommates has a silver one just like yours and hers does very well also. She was better at maintenance than most chicks. Hers never really had any big issues. I rode in it a couple of times. Loved the heated leather seats and it was comfortable.

jsandlin,

That thing is NICE! I wish the dealer would've had an SS around.

Skypilot68,

Hey man a deal is a deal!!

How much the does dealer want for the camaro :drool:

Not sure but it was returned to stock before they got it. Ive already sold off all the goodies. :p

One of my ex girlfriends has a Envoy. She drives the shit out of it and doesn't do anything to it. It's got well over 100k on it and is still running. Also one of my college roommates has a silver one just like yours and hers does very well also. She was better at maintenance than most chicks. Hers never really had any big issues. I rode in it a couple of times. Loved the heated leather seats and it was comfortable.

Thats really good to hear man. So far, the only thing I have heard about these trucks are good things. Im huge on maintenance so we should be able to get a ton of miles out of it also :rock:

My wife had one for a while. It was an 02 that had about 90k on it. She loved it and it was a nice car. She had some trouble with a leak and had two waterpumps. The thing that killed her the most though was that she drives a lot and was spending a chunk of her money on gas. Between the uncertainty of repairs and operating expense she got out of it.(I got her a 2009 mazda 6 w a 4cyl) If you drive a SRT10 very much at all you probably aren't real concerned about gas. I suspect you got a really good deal. Keep us posted on how it does. I bet it will be just fine.

Also, I've heard those inline 6 are good and will last a long time. If you are big on maintenance, you'll be just fine. Again, enjoy!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back