Traded my Truck and Super Bee...for this

Cool man Cool. My friend is waiting for another color but I have to say that color is - just fine. Keep it shiny side up. PLEASE! bobbymac

I keep thinking of trading in my truck and Charger SRT8 for the same thing, but like having multiple vehicles.

Bruce

hemi killer said:
I keep thinking of trading in my truck and Charger SRT8 for the same thing, but like having multiple vehicles.

Bruce

I agree but having five was a real PITA. Moving them around was an ordeal (I can't say a bad one), but since we obsessed over three vehicles...two will be much easier.

Where did you pick up the Viper (dealer)?

Also, PLEASE take the Viper to a road course. NASA Rocky Mountain will be holding its first event in Pueblo (weather pending) March 15-16. Sign up for a one day event ($150) and get the snake on a road course. My SRT Ram did 130 mph on the front straight at this track. There are a few members (KaiSRT10) with Vipers (2 that I know of) who take them on the road course.

A good friend is going to join (I hope) and take his '08 Z06 down there and start in HPDE 1.

No better way to enjoy the Viper then on a road course.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/joinrenew.html

Here is a description of the HPDE groups (my co-worker is the group leader by the way)...you start in 1 unless you have previous experience

Group one (1)
This is where you begin. This is one on one guidance from experienced racers, as you learn to control your car and yourself. Your mentor will provide you with guidance as you learn to drive at the limit. You will address how to approach a turn, the fast way around it, what gear should you be in, how to brake, and how to exit. The session generally includes a lead-follow session. Passing is very limited in the Group 1 Sessions.

Group two (2)
Your instructor has determined you can drive on your own and with less supervision. You apply what you learned in the Group 1 sessions to get more practice. Group 2 is often mixed with Group 1 and is for those drivers that want some more Group 1 seat-time, but do not need an instructor.

Group three (3)
You have progressed to the world of high performance driving. The passing rules in group 3 are not as strict. You must learn to share the track at high speeds with others.

Group four (4)
Congratulations! You have made it, no passing restriction except those of good judgment and rules of the road etiquette. You and your peers are now experiencing the joys of doing it right in a safe environment! You can now enjoy high performance driving at its finest. Those that wish to can petition to apply for a competition license.

CarDude said:
I agree but having five was a real PITA. Moving them around was an ordeal (I can't say a bad one), but since we obsessed over three vehicles...two will be much easier.

I have 5 vehicles, but have plenty of room to park them. Oh bye the way your new ride is awesome. I have a 69 Superbee that I would like to get rid of, so maybe I will still look into a Viper.

Bruce

Yep...I'm positive....I hate you.....j/k......;)

Awesome......prob going to be my next purchase. I've got a couple of things in the works right now. Congrats.:rock:

CarDude said:
I had exactly the same problem. That was the main reason I dumped my QC. Was just to big and a PITA to keep moving.

That would be my color choice!!:rock:
Can't wait for the shakedown details!!!:D

Love the new car! Not sure on the green though. I am sure it is one of those colors you have to see in person to appreciate it. But I would still drive it.

Now we need to get an updated pic of the car family.

Very nice... Good luck with it... Throwing some internet change on the floor of the seat.

Well i think the trade off was worth it...That colour is absolutly friiging crazy
Not to mention the SRT car itself...600HP man have fun and be careful...
Very nice ride bud...:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back