Traded the truck :(

I have to listen to owners of JKs whine everyday about how they leak water every time they turn around, I also had to deal with the owners that were snapping front axle tubes (not shafts, the actual housing tubes were snapping) while wheeling with their Rubicons, that's enough for me to not ever want to own one. I'd be interested to see some pics of your old Jeeps if you don't mind. The creature comforts added to the JK have attracted an audience of people who have no business owning a Wrangler and in turn have made the Wrangler what it shouldn't be, civil. IMO. :D

Never said they don't leak or that it's not easy to break a front axle housing. Common problems that are easy to fix. Had the same issue with my old TJ. Usually they break because they are trying to do to much on a stock drive train. I love the old school look of the TJ's, but I like the wider wheelbase of the JK and all the creature comforts that a modern vehicle has. That may have more to do with me being an old guy. I'll look around tonight and see if I can come up with some pics of my old Jeeps. I love my new Grand Cherokee, but have been thinking of building another JK with a 6.4 hemi using the AEV kit.

Never said they don't leak or that it's not easy to break a front axle housing. Common problems that are easy to fix. Had the same issue with my old TJ. Usually they break because they are trying to do to much on a stock drive train. I love the old school look of the TJ's, but I like the wider wheelbase of the JK and all the creature comforts that a modern vehicle has. That may have more to do with me being an old guy. I'll look around tonight and see if I can come up with some pics of my old Jeeps. I love my new Grand Cherokee, but have been thinking of building another JK with a 6.4 hemi using the AEV kit.

I would definitely rock a Hemi equipped JK, but that's about it. They have improved substantially since they went to the 3.6L from the 3.8L. As far as the Grand Cherokee, they are just sweet!

Buddy sent me a pic of my truck for sale in killeen yesterday, I called and asked how much they were asking. They want 25k for it, that's what I paid with 36k miles on it, now I has over 50.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back