TRAILBLAZER SS

tone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, just wanted to know if any of you guys or girls have heard or know anything about the Chevy Trailblazer SS. I am looking into getting one for my wife and they seem pretty stout, except for the fact that they are a Chevy, and I am a Mopar guy:D The Jeep GC SRT is a lot more expensive, and there is also a lot of negative feed back on them that I have read, so the Trailblazer seems to be the best bet at this time. Let me know guys, if anyone has some feedback.:rock:

IMO they are both a good choice. The trailblazer as the LS engine so the aftermarket for the motor is amazing and with a simple cam, exhuast and CAI they are in the 12s. The SRT GC is similar with alot less aftermarket available, but with what's out the power and times are similar. AS much of a GM fan as I am I personally like the Body lines of the Cherokee better, and body style would be my next decision factor outside motor and interior.:)

I bought the wife an 07 a few months back, and she loves it! I would rather have the Srt, butyou can't realy tow anything with it, and the price was a little morethan I wanted to spend. The only problems I've heard of is the trans is kinda week if you do many mods. My wife won't let me touch it.... Yet!:D

If I traded right now it would be for the Jeep...much quicker than the SS and a lot of mods available for them now...bolt ons will get the Jeep into the 12s...I could have had a 10 second Jeep for what I have spent on the truck..........you can also get a hitch from Mopar...

depends on which model ss you get. The make an all wheel drive and a rear wheel drive. AWD is harder to come by though.

Buddy next door has had two. First one was a total POS. Everything went wrong with it. He fought with GM for two years to get it replaced with a new one. Second SS was much better, he didn't have too many issues. I would take the SRT first though.

i would get a caliber srt4... they're pretty cheap and with simple mods can be failry quick... not bad design either imo

Thanks for all of the input fellas, I will do some more research on them both. It is for the wife so the upgrades won't be nessasary:D The SS is much more inexpensive, and that is a factor, thanks again fellas:rock:

go jeep !!!! trailblazer is a chevy will eventually rattle , electronic problems ... havent owned a ss , but a regular trailblazer and was not impressed .. traded in for a nissan armada , best descision ive made !!!

I like the TBSS a lot. I almost bought one a couple years ago. I preferred the 2WD version. The 4WD wasn't necessary unless you plan on racing in the rain or need it for the snow. Finding one used that hasn't been beat on could be tuff though.

I sold mine for the SRT-10 But It was a blast and I had simple tune CAI and a RPM Lever VI transmission in my AWD. Lowered her 2" and she would run with the best of them. I'm not a mopar guy but rather love American Muscle machines. You can't go wrong with either but it you look you can pick up a 2007 for low $20's where the Jeeps are still hi $20's to low $30's. And yes it will get the groceries:burnout:

IMG_0258.jpg

Hey, everyone, Im a newb on here but have a 2007 TBSS, Im a member on the TBSSOWNERS.com forum- awesome group over there! I have owned the SS since new an currently have 63000 on the clock. No issues whatsoever except a snapped window regulator cable. Mobil 1 oil and royal purple is all it asks for. Its awd and gets my DD duties here in new england. As stated by the SS owner up above, they are alot of fun. Very easy to mod and imo decent on gas (18+ on the highway, 14 average). It can tow 6600 lbs vs I believe 1800 in the SRT with mopar hitch. I joined on here to learn more about the ram srt's in order to eventually replace my 04 Ram Hemi. I like anything American (except Ford :) ) so with that being said either the SRT or SS would be awesome choices. I have done 3 trips to SC from MA and it's the most comfortable versatile vehilce ive owned. Just my .02 and good luck!

zo6trailblazerss said:
Hey, everyone, Im a newb on here but have a 2007 TBSS, Im a member on the TBSSOWNERS.com forum- awesome group over there! I have owned the SS since new an currently have 63000 on the clock. No issues whatsoever except a snapped window regulator cable. Mobil 1 oil and royal purple is all it asks for. Its awd and gets my DD duties here in new england. As stated by the SS owner up above, they are alot of fun. Very easy to mod and imo decent on gas (18+ on the highway, 14 average). It can tow 6600 lbs vs I believe 1800 in the SRT with mopar hitch. I joined on here to learn more about the ram srt's in order to eventually replace my 04 Ram Hemi. I like anything American (except Ford :) ) so with that being said either the SRT or SS would be awesome choices. I have done 3 trips to SC from MA and it's the most comfortable versatile vehilce ive owned. Just my .02 and good luck!

Welcome to the club...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back