Trainman will run the truck tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Ram Srt-10 Racing' started by Trainman, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Trainman

Trainman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Huh...$54,000......Nope, no where near that, I got lots of help from the builders and development of new ideas, so , it was a lot, but probably less than 1/2 of your estimate....I'm old, retired and have the means....so it's fun for me!

Probably the Fastest NA SRT-10 on the planet in the 1/4 mile, pretty sure that ET is the best also....but that is going to go much lower with practice, once I get the 60' down in the 1.5 range I should be knocking on the high 10's for ET

2. NVR2OLD

NVR2OLD VTCoA Senior Member

It's always nice to have friends like that, builders and development of new ideas to help you out. It just cost a lot more if you don't.

I know you will go faster, Keep in a straight line.:rock:

3. RagunCajun

RagunCajun Full Access Member

You made more than one change at a time on your last pass. That's the only thing i see i dont like.

Did you get someone to video your truck from the side to see how the suspension is working?

None the less, it's good to see you out there racing. I wouldnt sell yourself short, that's a TON of work to try to accomplish in only passes. 3 outtings IMO isnt even close to enough.

Edit* Id recommend getting someone who knows how to dial in suspension to help you at the track. It can save many many track visits. That's what i do with great success.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. Trainman

Nice run at 11.1 @ 124....Do I hear a supercharger?

Here is an in-cab video of my shifting, but this is with the stock engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxeMhlfiTPg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  5. RagunCajun

1.) You know it's a lightning. You know it's supercharged. You can easily hear it.

2.) What does a in cab shifting video(from 2013 at that) have to do with this thread

6. Trainman

Sorry, I had no idea that was a Lightning, and I thought you were in an SRT-10, with a manual, and the video I played from your posting was an in cab video that looked like you were shifting...so I showed you my shifting, pretty close to the same sound. I was complementing your truck, and I thought you had added a supercharger to your SRT-10. Funny, in 2003-2004 I looked for a good deal on a Lightning, but could not find anybody to convert it to a 6-speed manual, then Dodge announced the SRT-10.....thus I ended up with my red SRT-10. I meant nothing bad.....again I thought you were shifting an SRT-10 to an 11.1 @ 124 mph. The reason my video is from 2013 as it was only one of two videos I have inside the SRT-10 ...and that was the latest one.

Just went back and watched the video again, then saw some follow up videos and saw it was a red Lightning, very cool....and now I remember that you had a lightning with a 6-speed manual conversion....sorry i forgot, I hadn't seen you on here in a long time, and I am 71.....so senior moment. Again , very cool lightning....too bad we are not closer, we could have a match race for the fans.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. RagunCajun

I see.

It was just odd how you quoted that and didnt touch on the advice i gave you. My apologies. Good luck with the truck.

8. Trainman

I agree with your advice, I tried to get the guy who built the new suspension, and he did come over to the house for a preliminary set up, but unfortunately he wasn't able to be at the track, hopefully next time he will be there. Thanks again, and I really like your truck, it's what I tried to do in 2003, but I wasn't able to find anyone to convert a Lightning, mainly because guys were afraid of our California smog laws, no one wanted to mess with the computer.

9. Psycho1122

Psycho1122 Full Access Member

Class from both of you guys. Pure Class:rock:

I was worried that your thread could get "Closed" if the discussion carried on too far...:dontknow:

10. RagunCajun

Maybe go talk to some guys at the track. Suspension is suspension. I'm sure someone doesnt mind videoing you with your phone then giving you advice.

Hell, you can even video runs and go post on the yellow bullet forum asking for advice. Yellow bullet is king for setting up suspension. Typical specific car forums (lightning rodder, vtcoa etc) doesnt know their behind from a hole in the ground when it comes to suspension.:dontknow: It's more monkey see, monkey do stuff. I am guilty of that myself, but im waking up. Hell, we got guys in the L scene do this or that because the quickest trucks do it so it must be the best. Very irritating reading that on the L/HD forums. Then you have vendors trying to make a sale then their nut swingers being bias. Well, let me stop ranting.... My point is dont give up and ask people outside the internet to help you. Youll get your goal!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. Wifey

Wifey Artificial Wifey Intelligence Supporting Member

I almost had a heart attack when I got to the part where you missed third. And then you said you missed fourth!!!! OMG, you need to quit driving those shifting cars!!

Love you and great results my friend :rock: :rock: :rock:

12. Wifey

OLD GUYS ROCK!!! 71 and still shifting strong (when not missing gears that is) :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :p

I will be honest though, it's been so long since I even started mine I actually forgot the RED BUTTON!!! Yetti reminded me. I was as red as the Queen!

13. andrew heywood

andrew heywood Full Access Member

Wow....got racin the truck wired....bad ass 1320

14. Wifey

Howya doin Andrew Heywood!!???!!! :rock: :D :rock: