Trainman's Shifting Video

Very Cool......

On a side note, I was in that video.....bet you can't find me. One of the funnest days I ever had. Bakersfield will be a day I will tell my Great Great Grand Kids about

The shifting video is for Wifey....for some reason she really likes that one. The second part of the video is my run against a White Ford Lightning and the track announcer made it a classic. That video was from my first VTCOA GTG and I first met FastJack, I think there were about 23+ Viper Trucks there. That was on 9-23-2006, and my 12.64 run was at 4 pm in the afternoon, temp 91 degrees and DA was 2939'. That run was also before I had done any weight reduction to the truck, full street weight of 5000 lbs without me in it. Also before the ported intake, BBK throttle body and true dual catless equal length exhaust with an x-pipe.

Really...

There are some very cool people in that video... Legends of our great forum... Even a Yettie who we all know is above mear humans on the evolutionary scale

It's kinda weird, I've always wondered who Trainman was. After watching the Video, I realized I met him and didn't even realize it.....damn, a missed opportunity

Actually the video was shot by my youngest daughters Father-in-Law, Larry Taverner, he was very talented ( he had never seen drag racing before that day). Unfortunately he passed away a few months ago from cancer.

My Condolences

God Bless

Great video....loved the run with the Lightning and the announcer was telling everyone to watch the white truck to see a really fast one...LOL>.:p

I've been shifting that way since as far back as my '69 Yenko in High School. Gas pedal never came off the floor board, never missed a gear, as fast as an automatic. Once you learn, you never forget.

I love that !!! Watch the white one my fat ass. Jerry made the Ford and the announcer look like rookies. Way to go Jerry!!

The funny part was he kept calling them a Ram 50

The shifting video is for Wifey....for some reason she really likes that one. The second part of the video is my run against a White Ford Lightning and the track announcer made it a classic. That video was from my first VTCOA GTG and I first met FastJack, I think there were about 23+ Viper Trucks there. That was on 9-23-2006, and my 12.64 run was at 4 pm in the afternoon, temp 91 degrees and DA was 2939'. That run was also before I had done any weight reduction to the truck, full street weight of 5000 lbs without me in it. Also before the ported intake, BBK throttle body and true dual catless equal length exhaust with an x-pipe.

YESSSSIREEEEE, that is my favoritest shifting video ever and thank you for putting it up !!! :rock: The rest of the video is great as well and the lighting didn't even stand a chance! That was a fun day in Bakersfield :D

I doubt that anouncer knew what an SRT10 was...LOL...I bet he started researching after Jerry's run...:p

Oh , he knew what an SRT-10 was...there were about a dozen or more of us running that day....including NowWhat Mike running 11's:rock:

I've been shifting that way since as far back as my '69 Yenko in High School. Gas pedal never came off the floor board, never missed a gear, as fast as an automatic. Once you learn, you never forget.

Man I'd be scared to shift my truck like that bouncing of the rev limiter and spin a baring. How safe is it to shift like that?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back