Trajedy in Fort McMurray

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you live under a rock in a cave somewhere, most of you must have heard about the forest fire situation in Northern Alberta. This fire has burned over 1600 structures (Houses, hotels, business's) and displaced an entire city of over 80,000 people.

To my fellow Albertan and All Canadian members. It breaks my heart to see this happening. May you all be safe and recover from this. The biggest natural disaster in Canadian history.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/thenational/rex-murphy-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-1.

Jen Gerson: Fort Mac isn’t karma

Prayers sent

Prayers for Alberta! My granny was born there ..............

Its a crazy situation, can't imagine what those people are going through. Being told to evacuate their homes in 20mins and get the **** out of dodge. The support of fellow canadians for this disaster is great to hear. Every where ya go in Ontario anyway all is accepting donations for the red cross (grocery stores, beer stores, hardware stores) I hope this turns for the good VERY soon. The fire fighters must be just exhausted, i just fought a house fire yesterday for 11 hours and feel like i could sleep for a day, these guys never stop. Thoughts and prayers to everyone

I work in the oil sands and heading back tomorrow for my first days back at work since the fire. It will be interesting flying over Fort Mac, I can't believe watching the news and seeing where the fire was burning...I just drove through there a few days before the fire.

I work in the oil sands and heading back tomorrow for my first days back at work since the fire. It will be interesting flying over Fort Mac, I can't believe watching the news and seeing where the fire was burning...I just drove through there a few days before the fire.

I can't imagine ALL of the patch-related businesses rebuilding/reopening as it is still slow in that sector.

There is currently a bit of a bear problem as they are rummaging through what's left in fridges/freezers. The bears are being "relocated" ;)

Stay Safe..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back