Trans Bad QCab help needed

dan440

Reaction score
I have an 05 SC QCab, DC dino tuned. I am on my 4th trans missing second gear a 3rd time in less than 4k miles.
Need to nail this problem down.. Can this be caused by wirriring issues? or hard part issues?

2nd gear shifts slowly went away till no gear was felt.
now 1st to 3rd.

Billit Converter
new cylenoids
Harden shafts
New 2nd gear drum and plates

Any ideas would be appreated.

might have a hydro issue, but what clutches are in it? did you have it built of just upgraded? what part is breaking on the other 3 trans?

Bad trans

Im checking into it ill post it as soon as I find more info. Its breaking the bank right now.

Parts from what I recall . .

1st trans. Carbon Fiber cluch disk
Suncoast converter.
less than 500 miles before grenading

2nd Trans about 500 miles
Suncoast converter grenaded...
Took out hardend imput shaft and 2nd Gear drum and disk

3rd about 1000 miles replaced all sylinoyeds and trans sensors due to truck not running from bad trans sensor. 5volt feed sensor

Upgraded to Billit conveter
Updated 2nd gear drum
Cant remember cluch pack make up... will ck

Now need to ck trans no second gear.. Going back to shop but looking for ideas to ck before we dump $ an issue that is not resolved.

Thanks for your reply..

yeah , but wanted to see what else, nos, built engine , hp out put , these trannies only hold so much and not very well at all to nos, also depends who builds them, but to blow one at 500 miles something is really wrong or very hard on a tranny

dan440 said:
I have an 05 SC QCab, DC dino tuned. I am on my 4th trans missing second gear a 3rd time in less than 4k miles.
Need to nail this problem down.. Can this be caused by wirriring issues? or hard part issues?

2nd gear shifts slowly went away till no gear was felt.
now 1st to 3rd.

Billit Converter
new cylenoids
Harden shafts
New 2nd gear drum and plates

Any ideas would be appreated.
I seem to be having tranny problems myself and am beginning to wonder if it might be due to linkage or does anyone know if the main ecu controls anything in the tranny.

I kinda thought the same thing Tony! I wish I could fix it once and for all.

The tranny in my truck came from Century Transmission in Texas. It was included in the JH upgrade and about the only thing that really worked. There isn't a stock part in it. I have replaced the clutches after 2 seasons, and the valve body tweaked a little and that is about it. It does sound rough right now but I had it gone through and the tranny guy says everything looks great. It shifts really hard but that is what it is supposed to do. In fact, it shifts better under big power then puttin around...

Paul

Hilgee said:
The tranny in my truck came from Century Transmission in Texas. It was included in the JH upgrade and about the only thing that really worked. There isn't a stock part in it. I have replaced the clutches after 2 seasons, and the valve body tweaked a little and that is about it. It does sound rough right now but I had it gone through and the tranny guy says everything looks great. It shifts really hard but that is what it is supposed to do. In fact, it shifts better under big power then puttin around...

Paul

whats your driving style like? racing? these trans DO NOT like power braking, its how i destroyed my built one (on trans #2) did you have the TQ covertor cleaned and inspected?

Last edited:
Ok, I gots a question, What is power braking?
Is that were you hold the brakes and do a burn out?...
Yes Noob

Tweak said:
Ok, I gots a question, What is power braking?
Is that were you hold the brakes and do a burn out?...
Yes Noob
Why yes it is,good guess.:D :p

Lol! Good one Tony!! :D won't a line lock prevent the problems associated with power braking an auto?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back