Transmission Grinding

FATJACK said:
Good clutch and Viper hydraulics and it will shift like butta.

Yea, but with 8,000 miles, is that really my problem?:confused: Without spending a couple hundred bucks how can I make it work to get me by for a year or so.

That is low mileage, try bleeding the hydraulic fluid first. Replace it with DOT 5 or better.

Thanks for the help jack...

Again, the Trans on this beast is new technology to me. Where is the drain/fill for that and how much capacity?

moparman95 said:
I wasn't in the market to buy a tank. You got a driveshaft yet?? We missed you at the track Saturday.

No my driveshaft has not come in yet. Im in no hurry. I will be out of town all week anyways:dontknow:

Drain plug is located on the tail housing, passenger side, if I'm not mistaken. If I am mistaken look on the other side...:confused: :dontknow:

Mine has been a bitch to put in reverse, wants to pop out or grind some times. Am I low on fluid? just need to change it? or Clutch? hydrolics?... My weakest point is Manual Transmissions, I know don't know much on how ours is set up.

Which parts need fluid(i.e. clutch, hydrolics, gearbox, etc.) and which fluid to use.

Cause I think mine needs some attention. I'm having 3rd/4th gear issues as well as reverse.

My tranny did the same, popped out of reverse. I had to push the shifter and hold it for it to stay in gear. This works fine for a while but eventually it will fail completely and leave you with out reverse. My problem was the plastic pads on the shift fork was broken into pieces. When fixing this you will probably need a new reverse gear and slider, also replace all the plastic fork pads with bronze ones.

My tranny did the same, popped out of reverse. I had to push the shifter and hold it for it to stay in gear. This works fine for a while but eventually it will fail completely and leave you with out reverse. My problem was the plastic pads on the shift fork was broken into pieces. When fixing this you will probably need a new reverse gear and slider, also replace all the plastic fork pads with bronze ones.
So dude, you split your tranny for this? I've got 8 thousand miles, I shouldnt have to rebuild any gears yet:hmmmm2:

Stinker, GTFO, I'm not going to rebuild that. Surely when I change the fluid, and clutch fluid it will be a lot better right?

most def will, this is for the fellas that have tranny probs, or want a better shifting tranny or ones that are possibley racing or upping the hp

So dude, you split your tranny for this? I've got 8 thousand miles, I shouldnt have to rebuild any gears yet:hmmmm2:

Yes the tranny had to come apart for this. Fairly easy rebuild with the proper tools. I did mine in a afternoon (it was already out of the truck). I would just wait for Tony and swap yours for one of his rebuilt ones.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back