Transmission Problems

505'sFastestViper. said:
a warranty lol not any where that i know of....but your cases are still good i would just get it rebuilt! g force is pricey i think my rebuild was like almost 6000 bucks but they do offer a 0 miles 0 months warranty so thats refreshing!!!

I paid $6600.00 for my G-Force. It has everything done to it that can be done by G-Force. That was $6600.00 and I supplied the core to build.

I wish I had not done that and gone for a Lenco instead.
I have 0 miles on the G-Force but I din't know what I could get for it now.

Used cars have minds of their own I'll tell ya. Of course the dealer wont accept any responsibility. They sold it 3 weeks ago. When you buy something you buy it as-is. You wouldnt want to hear from the person who bought your truck 3 weeks ago. This is a common deal and I dont understand how it came to be that everyone who buys a vehicle, and has a problem thinks they can just go ask the selling dealer to fix it. The dealer bought it the same way they sold it. They cant go back to the place they bought it and get any help, so its way unfair to expect a dealer to help fix a problem on a vehicle sold more than a couple of days. Just kinda sux, but thats how it is.

OK on the tranny check www.car-part.com. check ebay motors,

Broken_Dc2 said:
Well I found out the problem with the transmission after I brought it to a third party to check it out. Apparently the guy who owned it before me beat the living shit out of it and does not know how to shift so the gears pretty much melted!

So now that I know I need a new transmission anyone know of a good place to get one with a warranty, aside from the dealer?

if you want I can have my guys check it out, but by gears melted? not sure on that meaning, but I can have one rebuilt for around $1200 depending on whats wrong

Broken_Dc2 said:
Well I found out the problem with the transmission after I brought it to a third party to check it out. Apparently the guy who owned it before me beat the living shit out of it and does not know how to shift so the gears pretty much melted!

So now that I know I need a new transmission anyone know of a good place to get one with a warranty, aside from the dealer?
Now you have two people BSing you, I would just about bet a weeks salary there is NOTHING wrong with your tranny. That would be equivalent to about $7.38 CASH!!!

guys the t56 is not indestructable i promise even the fully built gforces can snap like a toothpick!!!!!its the weight of the trucks that is hard on everything!!!

They told me the plastic piece in the transmission melted and sent plastic shards throughout the transmission and as he put " made the trans unusable" and that I need to buy a new/rebuilt one. I'm thinking that when the dealer changed the clutch before I bought it they did not refill/top off the fluid which lead to it over heating.

You guys think I have anything on the dealer with this or do I just need to suck it up and drop a few grand on a new/rebuilt one?

I am currently in possession of the transmission.

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

^^^ I was gonna ask why that couldnt be rebuilt. Did the guy at the shop say why (specifically) it couldnt be used?

The guy said that trying to rebuild this one cost the same if not more than buying another one. He is being very adamant that I buy another one (through him of course) and I am just thinking that he is trying to take advantage of me being young and owning a Viper Truck...

Box that bitch up and send it to Tony. He can get it rebuilt at a reasonable price with a warranty.

all you got to do is give me the word , I will forward the pics to him, let him look at them and get his opinion, they are very reasonable on price, an do excellent work, and only 30 minutes from me.

The hard parts ie gears and shafts look OK. The bearings and thrusts are gunked up. But there is nothing there that looks to me to make the trans unrebuildable.

Find a competent manual transmission rebuilder in your area and have it looked at there. Sure it would take a little work to thouroughly clean everything up but the dealer does not probably have the jetclean and other equipment that a rebuilder has in their shop.

If you cannot find a competent rebuilder in your area there are many good rebuilders that probably can rebuild the box for you and make it right.

Looks to me that the dealers tranny guy is lazy and does not want to work very hard.

Make sure that you have your original trans rebuilt as the T56s that come in the trucks are the strongest versions the T56 box that Tremec made at anytime. The shafts are beefed up over standard Viper car variety.

Also if you have it rebuilt at a specialty rebuilder they can put in better shifting forks, bronze shift pads, and a revised syncro assemblies to make it last longer and shift better.

Also the fluid that the factory and the dealers use is junk, you should use Redline D4 ATF or the equivelant.

Search the forum for fluid recomendations and servicing procedures. There is a lot of information if you look.

I have done a lot of manual transmission rebuilding when I was in my teens and 20s and the key finding a competent rebuilder, none of this is rocket science

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
all you got to do is give me the word , I will forward the pics to him, let him look at them and get his opinion, they are very reasonable on price, an do excellent work, and only 30 minutes from me.

Word.

Hey FSTJACK, you said earlier that you didnt know what you could get for your G-Force tranny....I got $3500 burning a hole in my pocket.

I will get on it first thing in the morning sir, and let you know as soon as he looks at the pics and gives me an idea of price:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back