Transmission problems

slick771977

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 05 quad cab the transmission fluid is black and smells burnt having problems shifting first gear seems like it's slipping but when out of first gear it's fine should I have this transmission rebuild and upgrade to a racing torque converter or what should I do recommendations please

Will most likely need to have it rebuild if its bad. Mine was that way. Cost me 3k to have it redone. All sensors needed to be replaced and the case is all i used everything else was replaced or upgraded

Sounds like you need a rebuild for sure. Good excuse to beef it up while you got it out. I have a quad cab and converted it to manual. Night and day difference in driving experience.

Other than switching to a six-speed manual what kind of upgrades can I put in this rebuilt tranny

Single disk torque converter, billet flexplate, transgo shift kit, upgraded GPS, etc. Contact Tony from JTSVP, he can give you the hook up.

I swapped in the T56 for this exact reason. The T56 just makes better use of the Viper power band IMO.

You should probably start with draining and refilling the transmission fluid before you get a rebuild. Change the fluid and then see how the truck drives.

I'd be happy to help you out. We have our own Billet Triple Disc converter , and buold proven 48res that have held together over 80k miles so far on them and put through the tests!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back