trouble?

ralphie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could a weak battery cause a truck to make the idle drop to 600-650, almost making it die, when put in gear, and make the A/F gauge bounce around from 14.5 - 18+? Thnx....

Last edited:
Thank you...that on the intake/ Tb..?

Could a weak battery cause a truck to make the idle drop to 600-650, almost making it die, when put in gear, and make the A/F gauge bounce around from 14.5 - 18+? Thnx....

A bad cell in a battery can make a Ram, any Ram, not just an SRT 10 run and act like crap.

If the PCM does not get the power it needs, it makes the truck act up. Before you go on a chase for the problem, have the battery checked.

I put my load tester on it..went to 10 v weak..

Lots of unusual things can happen when the battery is no good.

Check it first :)

Thnx everybody.....appreciate your input.

This gentleman is what this forum is all about. :rock::rock::rock:

Absolutely... fixing these vehicles right the first time is where its at - It's the half assed chicanery performed by doctors with nothing more than an 8th grade diploma that give this place a bad name.

update

Changed battery and TPS. Helped out A/F going down the road...stays right between 14.3-15.6 and at WOT stays in between 12-12.5, but idle is still a little low. Used the search button in here and looks like my IAC might be sticking...going to give that a try. Wanna thnk everybody for your input...def. helped out...!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back