Truck of Tomorrow

For a living no, driven yes. Did you see the part where I said 100ton dumps? Also in, freightliner, international, Mack, Volvo, paccar, kenwoth, peterbuilt, sterling, etc etc.

Last edited:
Well it's not very laughable that I've never seen one on a heavy truck as I drive class 8 over the road trucks jackass, I've known about the autos in buses and other MEDIUM duty applications but never in a heavy( 80k GVWR) truck. It's laughable that you claim it to be far superior and you don't even drive a truck.
Didn't mean to push your buttons jackass lol

out of the 20+ years i worked at the Pete dealership, only had 2 customers ran the big Allison. 750 model back then.

one was a guy that liked the idea & was tired of shiftin

&

the 2nd one was for a guy's son that had lost his left leg, but wanted to drive a large car very badly.

both were happy with the set up

For a living no, driven yes. Did you see the part where I said 100ton dumps? Also in, freightliner, international, Mack, Volvo, paccar, kenwoth, peterbuilt, sterling, etc etc.

100 ton dump truck, gee mister that really looks like an over the road tractor....so before you said the class 8 market was the last one to "penetrate" but now they are in freight liners, international, mack blah blah blah....so you've driven a class 8 truck in a parking lot full of cones or you've driven one for a million miles? It pushes my buttons because I HAVE put in a million miles behind the wheel of a truck, just like you got your panties in a wad over on the football thread about people not playing the sport. Carl has worked on trucks for 20+ years and only seen 2 over the road rigs with them so appearently they aren't as common as you seem to think.

We have a test track on the campus with fully loaded trucks with AMT's, manuals and Allison's. So no I haven't driven a million miles in my life. My grandpa was a trucker though so I have respect for them. And Carl probably hasn't seen a lot of them because he's at a Pete dealer and not one of our service distributors. We sell ~ 2 billion worth of transmission a year.
Yes all those manufactures use our trans and some of the freightliner plants like Cleveland NC use ~ 100 a day.
I've personally been to several dozen different manufacturing plants to verify the quality of the insulation. That includes Russia, Belarus, India, brazil, turkey, And the Netherlands.

Last edited:
We have a test track on the campus with fully loaded trucks with AMT's, manuals and Allison's. So no I haven't driven a million miles in my life. My grandpa was a trucker though so I have respect for them. And Carl probably hasn't seen a lot of them because he's at a Pete dealer and not one of our service distributors. We sell ~ 2 billion worth of transmission a year.
Yes all those manufactures use our trans and some of the freightliner plants like Cleveland NC use ~ 100 a day.
I've personally been to several dozen different manufacturing plants to verify the quality of the insulation. That includes Russia, Belarus, India, brazil, turkey, And the Netherlands.

Well if they're as good as you claim hopefully I'll end up with one to play with when I wear my current truck out. Do they use a torque converter?

Well if they're as good as you claim hopefully I'll end up with one to play with when I wear my current truck out. Do they use a torque converter?

Yes sir, the new 10 speed is the largest production torque converter in the world.
We cut and harden all our gears and shafts in house and dyno test and dip test before they leave. The other on highway trans use a TC too we also build the trans for the Abrams tank.

so the TC series are replacin the "world" tranny series???

We design the transmissions to last a million miles.

Here is the breakdown of available transmissions we are currently producing.
The "World" or WT was inclusive of the 1000,2000,3000,4000. That nomenclature is no longer used.
1000/2000 series- LCT Light Commercial Truck
3000 series - MD Medium Duty
4000 series - HD Heavy duty
TC10 - Tractor Torque Convert 10 speed. Class 8 where some local delivery would be involved
H40/50 EP - Electric Hybrid for city buses. Has electric motors inside the trans housing to start and run the vehicle to 10mph then bring on the diesel engine and remove the electric motor. Then on decel the 2nd electric motor acts as a retarder to slow the bus to a stop and power up the batteries.
H3000 is a MD trans with additional unit added as a hybrid similar to the H40/50.
6000,7000,8000,9000 series are off highway trans and used for dumps and fracking units.
The X series trans are cross drive and used in tanks and EFV(expeditionary fighting vehicles)

Last edited:
thanks for the info.:rock: :rock::rock:
understand a bit mo better

& if memory serves, the other neg. was the extra weight of an auto setup. tranny, cooler, lines, juice & wirin/controls, etc.

thanks for the info.:rock: :rock::rock:
understand a bit mo better

& if memory serves, the other neg. was the extra weight of an auto setup. tranny, cooler, lines, juice & wirin/controls, etc.

That is why I have a job, make sure the OEM's do all of this correctly.

ya ever meet a Wesley Green or a Mike Hacket???

Wesley is a field rep for PeterBuilt/Rush. deals mostly with the refuse industry.

Mike is a rep for Eaton

Last edited:
ya ever meet a Wesley Green or a Mike Hacket???

Wesley is a field rep for PeterBuilt/Rush. deals mostly with the refuse industry.

Mike is a rep for Eaton

You don't say, Mike used to work with me here in this group. I know him extremely well.

You don't say, Mike used to work with me here in this group. I know him extremely well.

worked with him several years at the Peterbuilt dealership.:rock::rock:

he was a badass mechanic, very very sharp guy:rock::rock:

small world for sure

worked with him several years at the Peterbuilt dealership.:rock::rock:

he was a badass mechanic, very very sharp guy:rock::rock:

small world for sure

lol probably not the same Mike Hackett he's not a mechanic.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back