Truck shaky at highway speeds, any idea?

Soapy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've noticed that once I hit roughly 70-75 the truck starts shaking. I know my tires are low on tread in the front, so maybe that's it?

Tires will do some crazy things when they are worn down. It is possible also that a balancing weight has popped off. I have had that happen before. Maybe check for a stick on weight missing?

Yessir likely your tires are out of balance. Go spend a $20 and get them balanced again till you get new tires. :rock:

A good tire balance will take an OK driving vehicle and make it feel like a new car. +1 for a tire balance.

Agreed! Or just replace them if they are that low on tread.

One other common issue with our trucks are wheel bearing failure due to the excess leverage the 22" wheels and their weight put on the bearings. Simply lift your truck and rotate each front wheel and listen and feel for roughness. Move wheel top to bottom and side to side and check for play. It'll be obvious. Very noticeable making a slight turn at road speeds, as a curve in a road or highway :D

Alright, I'm bringing her to the dealer next week (I get my Porsche loaner whenever I take her to the dealer since I bought her from a Porsche dealer :rock: )

I hope it's something simple... :(

A tire will go through 3 different harmonic balance cycles at different speed. Since your vibration comes in at a certain speed I am pretty sure it is a tire balance problem. 1 If you feel it through the steering wheel it is most likly in the front. 2. If you feel it in your seat check the rear tires. 3. WHen you get to the speed that it vibrates put the truck in nuetral and see if the vibration stays. if it does it is in the tires. If it goeas away it is likely something in the drive train.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back