truck update

I'll be running 15" wheels too on my truck with 28.5 moroso drag front runners. Will cost me 100bucks plus the wheels on our stock front brake setup

looks sick
you painting the bar red to match the dash and strips
what about a solid center glass with plexiglass on the out side around the bar
just a thought

505'sFastestViper. said:
the cage will be welded all the way around kennedy race cars has been doin this for over 25 yrs...the cage will dome back out then back in after its welded...this is just checkin the fit.......and no i will have a swing out door.......the truck will be certified to 8.50s;)

What do you mean by "dome out"?

Will there be any door bars?

What dia & wall thickness?

(I'm using 1.9 dia, .145 wall DOM seamless)

P.S. "FREAKIN' AWSOME"

WOLFRAM said:
What do you mean by "dome out"?

Will there be any door bars?

What dia & wall thickness?

(I'm using 1.9 dia, .145 wall DOM seamless)

P.S. "FREAKIN' AWSOME"
i meant come back out.:D ..ill have to ask shawn on the thickness but it is chromoly

Looks good.

I see you're using 4130N, unless you plan on baking the whole truck to stress relieve it after welding (the RIGHT way to do it), you should AT LEAST keep the gap in the pipe fitup to less than the wall of the tube. Meaning, you need to atleast redo the halo bar over the windshield. The rest of it looks top notch.

Planning on ladderbars or 4 link?

505'sFastestViper. said:
i meant come back out.:D

Man, if you can get someone to video the final install, I'll buy a copy from you.

Because, what ever they are seeing, I'm running into a deadend.:confused:

I figured you would leave the writing on the tubes and put stuff like "your awesome Dom" and "your the man Dom". :)

j/k, this is one awesome setup. Can't wait to see the video of the first passes.

Po-Lock said:
Looks good.

I see you're using 4130N, unless you plan on baking the whole truck to stress relieve it after welding (the RIGHT way to do it), you should AT LEAST keep the gap in the pipe fitup to less than the wall of the tube. Meaning, you need to atleast redo the halo bar over the windshield. The rest of it looks top notch.

Planning on ladderbars or 4 link?
shawn has built over 280 cars and the division 5 nhra tech has been over there already to look at the project and again the cage is comin out this is just a mock up

Dominic,

Looks great......can't wait to see the finished product.......

Wish my truck would just start.....darn electronics :)

Aaron

razorbackfan said:
I figured you would leave the writing on the tubes and put stuff like "your awesome Dom" and "your the man Dom". :)

j/k, this is one awesome setup. Can't wait to see the video of the first passes.
Yeah, the first pass is going to be pretty entertaining!

That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it done, then at the track. :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back