TRX Spotted in Bush

Yes a bit more to it than just weight and just power, for sure.
If Trainman and I swapped engines, it could be interesting.
He is 4200 pounds (I believe), I'm 5600 pounds
He runs low 11s in the low 120s, I run high 11s at 116.
When you do the math the engines need THE SAME HORSEPOWER to do what they do in each truck.
But one is an auto, the other a manual 6 speed, one is stock ride height one isn't. It depends too where the engines make their power. Is it all up top?
Would one engine suffer more behind an automatic than the other? (recovery between gear changes) due to torque production (or lack of it)

A number of factors for sure!

All in the science.
Ronnie is at again but I like his train of thought.

At 7000 lbs, it has the same power to ratio as a single cab. Apples and oranges with four wheel drive and automatic. Put the trucks on a road course or top speed and there would be no and I mean no competition.
I saw one being trashed on you tube by this crazy guy last week by jumping a big hump over a small creek. He put that sucker in track mode and launched a 90k plus truck in a muddy trail and that bad boy sailed in the air at 0ver 100 miles an hour. landed it on the front bumper, bent it and destroyed the rear glass and the tail gate and he was laughing about it. He did that to his brand new raptor as well. This cool cat had over 1m+ in autos in his garage. Incredible!!!

Yes, I watched him take off on a dry highway and they are a quick vehicle for sure.
The TRX is faster than several performance cars and the ultra-performance sport utes' like the new Porsche.
I agree with your Observation Ronnie, that TRX is scary fast while stock cannot imagine what beast it turns into with a Hennessey tuning.

When you do the math the engines need THE SAME HORSEPOWER to do what they do in each truck.
But one is an auto, the other a manual 6 speed, one is stock ride height one isn't. It depends too where the engines make their power. Is it all up top?
Would one engine suffer more behind an automatic than the other? (recovery between gear changes) due to torque production (or lack of it)

All in the science.
Yes! Even the first trucks had an auto trans before production models. Most of us are not Trainman so a eight speed in a regular cab would make a big difference. Lots of trucks added super chargers at modest 5 lbs boost for 750 hp and the viper engine was lighter than the the iron block V8. It would interesting if Ram makes another road spec truck before the electrics replace everything.

If I had a trackhawk 8speed tranny that would make my truck fast.
The manual is too slow to change
I agree the shifting of gears is what dooms you against the Jeep Trackhawk hellcat. Recently, some guys raced a Jeep track hawk and 2021 Ford Shelby Gt 500 and it was a mismatch and the ford was packing some serious HP.

All in the science.
Its all in the SHIFTING - LOL

that TRX is bad ass...a stock ten has the top end....SHELBY SUPER SNAKE SPORT
less than TRX 750 HP....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back