Tubbed the Bed

tinygiants

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the finished pics of the bed tubbing. I will solve our traction issues now.

tinygiants said:
Here are the finished pics of the bed tubbing. I will solve our traction issues now.

Very nice Tiny:rock: you still going fo link?

I am still up in the air on mine, but its getting cold , I need to make up my mind:D

excellent looking ---great work ---looks awesome

Stinker said:
Very nice Tiny:rock: you still going fo link?

I am still up in the air on mine, but its getting cold , I need to make up my mind:D
I am talking to Jack about it. My local fab guy wants to use Chris Alston as the supplier. Jack thinks the links are to small in that setup. So we will see.

I just mounted the wing bolts, but the wing will have to wait till I get my couch on Sunday. Now I am going to go remove my back tire and add a temp. spacer. This will tell me if I need to move the frame rails in.:dontknow:

Here is the stock wheel and tire offset by 1 inch. This will give an idea how far out the MT's will stick out if I do not cut the frame rail.

The passenger side shot (1st pic) is normal installation for refference.

nycstev said:
What setup can we run with this that we couldn't have run before?:dontknow:
I plan on running this tire. http://mickeythompsontires.com/street.php?item=SportsmanSR

sportsman_sr_rear.jpg

It is 33 X 20 X 20. The tubbing is just the first step of the install. I still need to remove the rear springs. My plan is to do this by changing over to a 4 link. This will address the traction issue in 2 ways: Tires, and Axle Control. While I am in there I will upgrade the axle with either a FAB 9 or the Stinker Rear End. It will depend on weather I need to narrow it or not.

I thought those rims where the wrong bolt pattern? are you going with a conversion or did you talk them into making a special pattern on the rims for you?:dontknow:

Justanotherdodge said:
I thought those rims where the wrong bolt pattern? are you going with a conversion or did you talk them into making a special pattern on the rims for you?:dontknow:
The MT rims are the wrong bolt pattern. I am still searching for rims. Right now it all depends on the back spacing, then I can get serious.

tinygiants said:
I plan on running this tire. http://mickeythompsontires.com/street.php?item=SportsmanSR

sportsman_sr_rear.jpg

It is 33 X 20 X 20. The tubbing is just the first step of the install. I still need to remove the rear springs. My plan is to do this by changing over to a 4 link. This will address the traction issue in 2 ways: Tires, and Axle Control. While I am in there I will upgrade the axle with either a FAB 9 or the Stinker Rear End. It will depend on weather I need to narrow it or not.

Looks like a serious setup. So this will give more traction then the Stinker rear
with slicks?

nycstev said:
Looks like a serious setup. So this will give more traction then the Stinker rear
with slicks?
No. It will give more traction on the street than anything else. And it will let me run the big (15 inche wide) slicks like Jack should I ever need them :) :rock:

definatly looks good and cant wait to see how it comes out :)

Wheels are in. But only for 1 day. The wheels came in today, and I got to stop on the way home and check them out. The back wheels are nice and deep. I am very happy. Sadly i did not get any pics, and they are being shipped tomorrow to be cut and widened.

I also ordered the tires tonight. :)

Tiny , talked with DTS yesterday bo, Mike agreed it would be best for you to talk with him on the measurements, and actually to talk with him before you start measuring, says there are a few things extra he may want.

Just tell him I told ya to call , (he knows me waaayyyy too well,LOLOL)

here is his number Mike 1-877-874-7327

Stinker said:
Tiny , talked with DTS yesterday bo, Mike agreed it would be best for you to talk with him on the measurements, and actually to talk with him before you start measuring, says there are a few things extra he may want.

Just tell him I told ya to call , (he knows me waaayyyy too well,LOLOL)

here is his number Mike 1-877-874-7327

Is this the same guy you were going to talk to about my project?:confused:

WOLFRAM said:
Is this the same guy you were going to talk to about my project?:confused:

yip, but they still dont offer IRS bo, but most anything else, He is going to work with Tiny's fab guy, about a narrowed axle, and if Tiny is happy with DTS, they will put it together for him.
If mo info needed, post on the Axle thread, dont want to go offtrack on Tiny's build:D we might anger the giant:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back