Tubbed the Bed

nycstev said:
I can imagine what all this extra unsprung wieght will do to the ride quality :dontknow:
We will have to see. The rims are wider, but they are shorter. So when I get them mounted tomorrow, i will have to compare them to see what they are like for total weight. Now something to consider is my axle is going to be narrowed, so that weight reduction will offset some of the wheel weight. In any case, I am thinking the traction increase will be worth the trade.

Can you say EXCITED. I can not wait till tomorrow morning to see the rubber mounted up and drop them off for mockup on the truck.

tinygiants said:
We will have to see. The rims are wider, but they are shorter. So when I get them mounted tomorrow, i will have to compare them to see what they are like for total weight. Now something to consider is my axle is going to be narrowed, so that weight reduction will offset some of the wheel weight. In any case, I am thinking the traction increase will be worth the trade.

Can you say EXCITED. I can not wait till tomorrow morning to see the rubber mounted up and drop them off for mockup on the truck.

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

you making me crazy !

Get em on and more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b....e.......a........utiful:0

Last edited:
Chef-Greg said:
Get em on and more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b....e.......a........utiful:0

It will be a while. The wheels do not fit the current axle, and the new axle must be designed and built. So we are about 6 weeks out at least. But it is in the works. Hopefully the order will go out next week.

Dale , why did you alter those wheels? Is it because you could not find wheels you liked at that width?

NO ONE made a 20 X 16 in our bolt pattern. The closest I could find was Budnik 20 X 15 and they wanted 1500 each. Mine cost 700 including the alteration.

At least 4 more weeks,DAMN,I can't stand it!!!:D

Tiny when they call DTS, hit me with a pm if ya want and I'll try to move it along a lil quicker if possible bo.

but remember to take into consideration the tire size and the ratio gear you decide to go with;)

Stinker said:
Tiny when they call DTS, hit me with a pm if ya want and I'll try to move it along a lil quicker if possible bo.

but remember to take into consideration the tire size and the ratio gear you decide to go with;)

Tony,
I sure will. I should have the measurements next week. I will send the info to both you and them. As I understand it, the order will have to come from you right? And I need to pay in full prior to starting. PayPal? Credit Card?

Questions about tire size? From talking with Mike Brady, I was led to believe that with 4.88's and 33" tires I would max out at 120 in the 1/4. So I think I am going to go with 4.56's. Joe is using a custom grind on the cam and feels we will have great torque, so I think I will have the power to turn the big tires.

tinygiants said:
Tony,
I sure will. I should have the measurements next week. I will send the info to both you and them. As I understand it, the order will have to come from you right? And I need to pay in full prior to starting. PayPal? Credit Card?

Questions about tire size? From talking with Mike Brady, I was led to believe that with 4.88's and 33" tires I would max out at 120 in the 1/4. So I think I am going to go with 4.56's. Joe is using a custom grind on the cam and feels we will have great torque, so I think I will have the power to turn the big tires.

4.56's sound about right bo, and dont worry about sending me the info, Mike will take care of all that, Just let me know , I will get with him an get you a priceo:D we'll take care of it then bo, I'm easy to work with bud, I'll get ya the best price I can:rock:
Remember too, the options you may want , wildwood brakes, locker, stuff like that, oh and also yyou probably want need any spring perches withthe four link, but do go for the rear support cover bo, it works:rock:

505'sFastestViper. said:
detroit locker??????

yeah the axle assemblies I can get in any configuration, currie or strange axles, dana 60 housing, detroit locker with any ring gear, wildwood brakes w,vented rotors, bolt right in the stock location.

not gonna mess up Tiny's thread too much:D his truck is gonna be killer:rock: so if ya interested holla:p

I picked up one of my front tire and wheel combos on Saturday. It was not holding air. The weld on the center section leaked at the weld starting point. This is one of the wheels that was ordered stock and not modified. The modified wheels are fine.

We are measuring the axle today. I may even be able to bring the wheels and tires home tonight. If all goes as planned, I will be able to put the order in tomorrow.

tinygiants said:
We are measuring the axle today. I may even be able to bring the wheels and tires home tonight. If all goes as planned, I will be able to put the order in tomorrow.
Correction,

We wish they were measuring today. The shop doing the work is in the basement. The shop with the truck is up stairs. The engine is out, so the truck will stay upstairs. And they do not have any free lifts till Monday afternoon. So we wait.

Well......I drove by the shops today :( My truck still has not moved. The fabricator is having to wait for a lift to open up in the speed shop. I am just not catching any breaks right now. I am learning patience.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back