Tubbed the Bed

Progress :)

I just got off the phone with DTS and made my selections. DTS is calling my builder to get the needed dimensions. So things are in the works.

I did opt for the CRYO and Polish.

Thanks Tony for setting this up for me.

tinygiants said:
Progress :)

I just got off the phone with DTS and made my selections. DTS is calling my builder to get the needed dimensions. So things are in the works.

I did opt for the CRYO and Polish.

Thanks Tony for setting this up for me.

anytime friend anytime:rock:

Stinker said:
anytime friend anytime:rock:

Hey stinker and tiny you 2 have to get together and produce a kit .. that can be shiped out.. and then all we have to do is mod the bed and install this set up... i bet there are a few out there that would go for that.... boom kit shows up.... cut up the bed a lil , lil welding , lil fiberglass. etc.. boom... your truck is now pimped out ... lol... hey i would be interested in something like this.. tires wheels axels ets all done and ready to go....

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Hey stinker and tiny you 2 have to get together and produce a kit .. that can be shiped out.. and then all we have to do is mod the bed and install this set up... i bet there are a few out there that would go for that.... boom kit shows up.... cut up the bed a lil , lil welding , lil fiberglass. etc.. boom... your truck is now pimped out ... lol... hey i would be interested in something like this.. tires wheels axels ets all done and ready to go....
It sounds good on paper but.....
Not to many people are really gonna pay what it takes to do this.

Tubbing 1000.00
Rhino Lining 500.00 - 1000.00 depending on options
Wheels 450.00 ea
Wheel mods 300.00 ea
Tires 450.00 ea
Axle 3500.00 ish
4 Link + Labor ? Still to be determined.

So i think a kit would be a tuff sell.
But Stinker is working on a 4 link for the truck. It remains to be seen how big a wheel and tire can be accommodated though.

505'sFastestViper. said:
kennedy racing bam boom bam my truck certed to 8.50
Congratulations.
I have been working on mine since before Christmas. I have been in perpetual vendor waiting since I started.

Pick Wheels: wait 6 weeks.
Send out for modifications: wait 4 weeks with shipping
Mount tires: Wait 2 weeks for time on a lift to measure for custom axle

Order Axle: Wait 4 - 6 weeks for fabrication (Just started this phase)

Ship Axle: Wait 1 week
Install: 2 Weeks

But compared to some on this site, I have nothing to complain about. :)
The wait will make me just appreciate it more.

tinygiants said:
Congratulations.
I have been working on mine since before Christmas. I have been in perpetual vendor waiting since I started.

Pick Wheels: wait 6 weeks.
Send out for modifications: wait 4 weeks with shipping
Mount tires: Wait 2 weeks for time on a lift to measure for custom axle

Order Axle: Wait 4 - 6 weeks for fabrication (Just started this phase)

Ship Axle: Wait 1 week
Install: 2 Weeks

But compared to some on this site, I have nothing to complain about. :)
The wait will make me just appreciate it more.
oh not done yet they are 6 weeks turnaround and 25k dollars but it will get done after the gtg in fla

505'sFastestViper. said:
oh not done yet they are 6 weeks turnaround and 25k dollars but it will get done after the gtg in fla
You know the old saying... Speed Cost money, how fast do you want to go? Well, I will not be able to go as fast as you :) But I will have fun, and it is a custom one of a kind as far as I know at this point.

tinygiants said:
You know the old saying... Speed Cost money, how fast do you want to go? Well, I will not be able to go as fast as you :) But I will have fun, and it is a custom one of a kind as far as I know at this point.

Definitly alot of fun:rock: :rock:

and its gonna be one sweet ride when ya done:D

BigDave1970 said:
It is DEFINATELY looking good Dale!! Is Those guys the shop in Bremerton under MAXRPM?
Yes

Max pulled the engine, and those guys did the tubbing and will do the 4 link.

Marc T, I am not sure of the weight as I do not own a scale. Scales are bad for my ego :) Maybe I can borrow one and weigh the tire/wheel combo one day. I will see what I can do.

So, Tiny, how's that engine coming along?

FYI, I have my overdrive pulley and base map for the ECU. Startup is coming soon.:D

Congrats Eric. Sounds good. We are expecting the engine to be in Bremerton about the 21st of this month. Then I figure a week more for install. So it will be done just before the axle gets here. So I am thinking Joe will come out late April or early May.

tinygiants said:
Congrats Eric. Sounds good. We are expecting the engine to be in Bremerton about the 21st of this month. Then I figure a week more for install. So it will be done just before the axle gets here. So I am thinking Joe will come out late April or early May.

Nice.

Once I've made sure all the systems are functional and leak-free, I'm trailering the truck to Portland where John at RRev Motorsports will cook up street and strip tunes.:rock:

I was hoping to fire it off this weekend, but several T-bolt clamps I had were the wrong size, and had to be re-ordered.:( I'd polished every darned one of them too!

Ram From Hell said:
I was hoping to fire it off this weekend, but several T-bolt clamps I had were the wrong size, and had to be re-ordered.:( I'd polished every darned one of them too!

:stupido2: I hate it when that happens. Let me know when you are going down to Portland. If you want a tagalong and I am free...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back