tune up

marty pierce

Reaction score
just left dodge dealership with a omg i know i can do it cheaper, they want $800.00 plus for a tune up....replace spark plugs and wires. the wires was $450.00 and plugs not sure. i just stop him from saying anything else. i found parts for way less....wondering if anyone use these for tune for 2005 ram srt10 quad...plugs are bosch 6717 fine wire platium spark and the wire prostolite 131008 spark plug wire.:dontknow:

Never used those plugs or wires, but you can get MSD wires and plugs for about $200.

i would vote for Denso iridiums & either JTSVP wires or Adams wires.

if your lookin to do it yourself, a fuel line disconnect tool, a long T30 Torx bit for the drivers side rear intake manifold bolt.
might not hurt to have a set of intake gaskets at hand

yeah jtsvp wires and ngk plugs from tony great wires for sure I have a set I have not got around to putting them on yet, but you can buy a kit from him with screaming demon coils wire and plugs with heat shields.

coils would be nice also:rock::rock::rock:

Skip the coils, your stock ones will work fine.

Stop at your local Napa and pick up stock replacements. Spark plugs should be replaced at 50K miles. My wires and coils are still fine at 140K but will replace both of those with OEM's when I hit 150K.

NGK plugs, check your wires they are probably still good, coils are 99% fine. I also did a IAC clean, TB clean, and new belt while I was in there.

champions!! 'nuff said

I'm assuming that was with labor???? You have to pull the intake to replace the wires.... Sounds right to me.

Don't use anything but the Champions.

plugs should be changed every 30k
wires should be replace every 5 years or every 60k

That was like two builds ago.
But my point is there really is nothing better then oem coils especially screaming demon garbage.
So have a good day and fk off ;)

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

That was like two builds ago.
But my point is there really is nothing better then oem coils especially screaming demon garbage.
So have a good day and fk off ;)

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

i have seen the difference between the 2 coils.

so fuck on:trytofly:

Every single time there is a thread on tune ups, spark plugs, coils, etc. there is an argument over what works and what doesn't work. Free entertainment, carry on boys.

Every single time there is a thread on tune ups, spark plugs, coils, etc. there is an argument over what works and what doesn't work. Free entertainment, carry on boys.

I prefer to convert every vehicle I own back to a points ignition.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back