Tune

viperpowered505

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Quad Cab SRT 10... I would like to know if there is any type of tune out there for these trucks. Need help ih this area... Can any also tell me this best size rim and slick size for the track.. thanks.....:dontknow:

#1 SCT for tune
#2 390x17 drag radials 17x10 rims for srtip

More important than the tune is the tuner! Find the very best Viper tuner you can find. Someone here will recommend one for you.

The best size rim for the track is a 15 inch rim. But to use one you will either have to shave your rear calipers or change to smaller calipers. I have Wilwoods that allow the 15 inch rim to fit...

Prof said:
The best size rim for the track is a 15 inch rim. But to use one you will either have to shave your rear calipers or change to smaller calipers. I have Wilwoods that allow the 15 inch rim to fit...

Does this mean you ARE racing again??? :D

Would you guys recommend have a 2005 Stock QC tuned? I've been reading a lot on these forums but haven't really found the answer to this. Looking more for longevity than power(not saying more power isn't nice).

If it is worth it where do you guys around the tri-state area go? I would almost have to guess Cleveland would have a tuner.

-charlie

Buy a mail order tune from Torrie at unleashedtuning.com ....He sells the SCT and the 3 tunes around $500 if I'm not mistaken... Then go to a local dyno get the read out send it back to Torrie and it will be even more kickass than the mail tune....
The mail tune is still amazing!

Charlie, if your truck is starting fine, running fine, and you have no issues...why would you tune it?

It's not like the old days when points would wear, or the distributor would shake loose...

The pcm regulates the air/fuel...toss in a set of stock plugs every 10k or so...check to be sure that the wires from the coil packs are not cut, broken or burned...and drive it.

If you just want to get it tuned...get a flash of the pcm...lower the temp at which the fan comes on, keep the lubricants fresh and drive it like you stole it.

The mod bug will bite soon enough...enjoy your truck until it hits...then get ready to sell your soul for hp.

There are only a few trusted tuners for these Viper engines...contact Stinker to find someone near you...I think you are going to be going out of state to find a good one.

kickinassrt-10 said:
Buy a mail order tune from Torrie at unleashedtuning.com ....He sells the SCT and the 3 tunes around $500 if I'm not mistaken... Then go to a local dyno get the read out send it back to Torrie and it will be even more kickass than the mail tune....
The mail tune is still amazing!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Prof said:
More important than the tune is the tuner! Find the very best Viper tuner you can find. Someone here will recommend one for you.
agreed...... dc performance or roe has the most experience with the tuning of these trucks....... the "canned" tunes are damn good, any adjustments after that is fine tuning your A/F for you specific area.....

Prof said:
abit misleading... wildwood doesn't make a smaller caliper for the stock rearend & yours is a total rearend replacement (more $$$)..... ;) :D

and i don't know anyone who's shaved a stock caliper to fit a 15" rim, (16" - yes) ?:dontknow:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back